HybridZ

Larger oil pan?

I'm running an M55HV oil pump.

I'm worried about sucking the pan dry, and I'm considering a 7 quart pan. The JTR book doesnt mention anything about oil pans. I doubt some kickouts would interfere with the crossmember. What about the block hugger headers? Would those prevent me from running a larger capacity oil pan?

I'm running an M55HV oil pump.

I'm worried about sucking the pan dry, and I'm considering a 7 quart pan. The JTR book doesnt mention anything about oil pans. I doubt some kickouts would interfere with the crossmember. What about the block hugger headers? Would those prevent me from running a larger capacity oil pan?

A larger Pan won't interfere with the crossmember, or the block hugger headers, the pan widens out towards the back of the block.

Is your engine a 1piece rear seal by chance? I have an extra 7qt moroso pan. 1 rod hit it, but did not go through it, some aluminum was brazed into the dent's to give it some strength back. I cannot use it because the old block was destroyed, i have a 2pc rear seal now.

It was 240$ or so new, 50$ shipped if you want it.

Edited by Robftw

A larger Pan won't interfere with the crossmember, or the block hugger headers, the pan widens out towards the back of the block.

Is your engine a 1piece rear seal by chance? I have an extra 7qt moroso pan. 1 rod hit it, but did not go through it, some aluminum was brazed into the dent's to give it some strength back. I cannot use it because the old block was destroyed, i have a 2pc rear seal now.

It was 240$ or so new, 50$ shipped if you want it.

Hell, I'll take it...

It is in fact a one piece rear main, with a passenger side dipstick. With one piece's I believe there were both passenger, and driver side dip sticks. If it's passenger side, and useable like you say, I'll take it. I'm going to PM you now.

'

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the same pump. I have a 3qt accusump and it works hard on the race track. I have starvation on hard braking and turn in. I am currently using a Hamburger pan with a squared sump with trap doors, windage tray, crank scraper, etc. I cannot imagine having problems driving on public roads. Race track is a different story. I would use an accusump on any car except my BMW M3. The M3 has great oil control.