HybridZ

Editing classifieds

madkaw

I saw some responses to similiar issues, but not sure I understand the policy here. I want to be able to update and or change my classified ad, but looks like the edit feature was lost after one edit. What is the policy here on Hybridz?

thanks

I know after a certain number of days posts can't be edited anymore. If I remember correctly this is in effect because some members left HybridZ in the past, but not before deleting all of their posts which had a significant impact on some technical discussions.

All of the mods (especially Joel) are great about making edits for you if you PM them about it. Be sure to include a link to your post and the text as you want it to appear in its entirety. That way they just have to copy/paste it in rather than actually read and edit.

Not exactly sure why the rule applies in the B/S/T section, but I like that it does since it inherently creates an archive of past asking/selling prices on parts! It would be nice to be able to edit the first post in the thread to update when things are sold though. It's a bit of give and take I guess...

I also agree that this site would benefit from being able to update posts. Keeps threads less cluttered, and to the point. Also keeps me from calling on parts that sold a year ago, but I don't want to read 6 pages of a for sale thread....