HybridZ

Cardone remanufactured parts

It's simple go to your local parts supplier and pick up a A1 cardone part. Take it out of the box and just look at it. It's a spray painted junk yard part.

I've done so in my capacity as general manager of thier direct competitor Blue Streak.

Since cardone's product line is so wide, there will be multiple facilities involved in parts remanufacture.

There will also be a few technicians who take short cuts but it only takes a couple of complaints for the company to eject the lamer.

Sure, you can find a company that specializes in a narrow product line range that might do better work on a specific part but, most of the time, your only choice is used or them.

Far more common are "installers" who suck and send back a product damaged by said installer over and over at the expense of the remanufacturer.....because they can't fix or diagnose a car.

Guys like that compromise the bottom line and force prices higher.

That said, 90% of ecus sent in to us tested ok.

Usually that customer springs for a replacement under our critical core program and his ecu, after testing ok and remanned, is sent to another customer who has success while the original customer calls to say our replacement ecu is bad because it does the same thing as his original unit.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

All I'm saying is that the quality of the product is sub par. I didn't say anything about how the part is installed. Again take it out of the box and look at it!

Again.......I have.....with many parts in my capacity as general manager of thier direct competitor.

If I had found anything "sub par" I surely would not hold back.

Most of the parts used for rebuild come from the original vendor who supplied the OEM manufacturer.

If it's not possible to source the same part because they are not available, they go with who has them.

This usually means you either can get the part from one supplier or not at all.

Just saying they suck is one thing but offering up some pics for comparison would go a long way.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

Your missing the point. The OP asked a opinion and I gave mine. We don't need to have a debate about parts. If you want to put that crap on your car go for it.

Google

A1 cardone junk or A1 cardone problems or POS A1 cardone parts and read countless problem found with these parts. I'm not the only person that doesn't like these parts.

Edited by pat1

Painting everything they make with the broad "it all sucks" brush doesn't teach anyone anything. And, "it's a spray painted junk yard part" is obviously wrong. It's a rebuilt junk yard part, I don't think that they even paint them.

Back to the OP's question though, about injectors and distributors, I can't even find that Cardone makes injectors for a gas engine, I only see diesel. So that question might be irrelevant.

The 1978 280Z Cardone distributor is sold by O'Reilly and Autozone, and it looks like Napa rebrands the same part as a Napa rebuild, aan dit's the only option for all three. Cardone might be the only supplier of rebuilt distributors so the question is moot, unless you go to zspecialties (datsunstore) or one of the Z-focused shops. Much more expensive.

http://www.datsunstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=distributor&x=0&y=0