HybridZ

Group Buy on SpeedHut Gauges

ihiryu

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought my SpeedHut gauges over a year ago (somehow I missed this thread) and I just got around to installing them and found the oil pressure sensor not working, I contacted SpeedHut to talk about the wiring and order another sensor knowing that the warranty had lapsed, William, who was helping me sent me another free of charge! I thought that was pretty damn decent of them.

Thank you guys, that is out standing customer service.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 5:47 PM, ihiryu said:

Black Friday Sales are active!  Orders are good unitl monday.  Please feel free to PM wiht your part numbers!  Alternatively you can give me a call 254-680-3308

Hello,

i just read read through this thread, I am doing a RB25 swap into my 280z, wanted to retain the stock instruments but looks like I’d have to cobble together a bunch of adapters and run multiple sending units so I am forced to consider other options.  I see a lot of people are running speedhut instruments, is this a best option that closely emulates the OEM instrument?

thanks,

Robert

You can get faces/needles that are very similar. Even with black bezels they will still show so not an exact match if you really want a "restored" look. That said short of a full restoration, which should be OEM and not at all what this forum is about, this is by far the best option. I've had Autometer, VDO, and multiple other instruments including some high end race pieces. These are by far the best way to go for a Z IMO and for sure what my car will get. We purchased a set from ihiryu for my son's Jeep CJ project (and these are the lower line) his service, prices and the quality of the gauges were outstanding. I'd have already purchased mine but I'm not at that point in the project yet and they may have new features or updates between here and there so I am waiting until I need them for that buy, with any luck maybe this year's Black Friday sale.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Holy moly!  

I haven't been on hybridz in sooo long.  I wanted everyone to know, the information on the first page is still the best way to contact me!  I am still here, and I am still selling gauges!  

11 hours ago, Derek said:

Has anyone figured out how to get their fuel gauge to read properly?

LOL I thought it was just me, sometimes it reads correctly sometimes it jumps around. I have tried to reset it a couple of times with no improvement, now I just use the trip odometer.

Mine is the same. It wings wildly when it gets to about half tank. I'm not an electrical guru but I imagine the ohm range on the Nissan sender is too narrow so a little movement on the arm results in a lot of action on the gauge. I have a brand new sender and it's no better than the original one.

10 hours ago, Nelsonian said:

does this problem exist with both the individual fuel gauge as well as the small one combo-ed in with the tach? I haven't purchased a full set yet, but intend to.

My fuel gauge is paired with a voltmeter, I think to get it working you would have to install a modern universal fuel level sensor.

The issue is the OHM reading of the factory level isn't that wide.  If memory serves, the level reads in quarters (Full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4), and so it's not super accurate.

What I have done in the was I used a 0-5v fuel level converter, and I used it for a digital fuel level inside the ECU for a customer.  He didn't use SpeedHut gauges, he had a full standalone with a matching cluster, but at that point it read relatively normal.

If people are interested in this, I can reach out to speedhut and see if they can make their gauges read a 0-5 instead of a OHM reading.