HybridZ
ihiryu

Group Buy on SpeedHut Gauges

No, I don't have them installed yet - just sent the tach back to add the engine and brake warning lights

Here's a few of the Speedo mounted in the stock gauge housing:

... I just had to file down the ribs on the retaining ring until it was a snug fit in the gauge pod, then I drilled three small pilot holes around the periphery where the ribs were contacting the pod and added three small screws to hold everything in place.  Couldn't have asked for a better fit!

Yea Tim, those are going to look nice in your Z.

I could swear I saw some nice azz gauges in you car before. Blacked out and very colorful when on.  Am I mistaking? 

TimZ    21
Posted (edited)

Yea Tim, those are going to look nice in your Z.

I could swear I saw some nice azz gauges in you car before. Blacked out and very colorful when on.  Am I mistaking? 

No, you are correct- I have the full set of Defi 60mm black facegauges, but not the tach, and they don't make a speedo.  The Defi tach that works with my setup has been discontinued, so I went with the Speedhut speedo and tach so they would match.  

My winter project started out as trying figure out how to put a T56 Magnum in, so it looked like I needed an electronic speedo, and it just kind of ballooned from there (like it always does :mrgreen: )...

Edited by TimZ

grannyknot    11

I bought my SpeedHut gauges over a year ago (somehow I missed this thread) and I just got around to installing them and found the oil pressure sensor not working, I contacted SpeedHut to talk about the wiring and order another sensor knowing that the warranty had lapsed, William, who was helping me sent me another free of charge! I thought that was pretty damn decent of them.

Thank you guys, that is out standing customer service.

• Like 1