HybridZ
ihiryu

Group Buy on SpeedHut Gauges

No, I don't have them installed yet - just sent the tach back to add the engine and brake warning lights

Here's a few of the Speedo mounted in the stock gauge housing:

... I just had to file down the ribs on the retaining ring until it was a snug fit in the gauge pod, then I drilled three small pilot holes around the periphery where the ribs were contacting the pod and added three small screws to hold everything in place.  Couldn't have asked for a better fit!

Yea Tim, those are going to look nice in your Z.

I could swear I saw some nice azz gauges in you car before. Blacked out and very colorful when on.  Am I mistaking? 

Yea Tim, those are going to look nice in your Z.

I could swear I saw some nice azz gauges in you car before. Blacked out and very colorful when on.  Am I mistaking? 

No, you are correct- I have the full set of Defi 60mm black facegauges, but not the tach, and they don't make a speedo.  The Defi tach that works with my setup has been discontinued, so I went with the Speedhut speedo and tach so they would match.  

My winter project started out as trying figure out how to put a T56 Magnum in, so it looked like I needed an electronic speedo, and it just kind of ballooned from there (like it always does :mrgreen: )...

Edited by TimZ

I bought my SpeedHut gauges over a year ago (somehow I missed this thread) and I just got around to installing them and found the oil pressure sensor not working, I contacted SpeedHut to talk about the wiring and order another sensor knowing that the warranty had lapsed, William, who was helping me sent me another free of charge! I thought that was pretty damn decent of them.

Thank you guys, that is out standing customer service.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 5:47 PM, ihiryu said:

Black Friday Sales are active!  Orders are good unitl monday.  Please feel free to PM wiht your part numbers!  Alternatively you can give me a call 254-680-3308

Hello,

i just read read through this thread, I am doing a RB25 swap into my 280z, wanted to retain the stock instruments but looks like I’d have to cobble together a bunch of adapters and run multiple sending units so I am forced to consider other options.  I see a lot of people are running speedhut instruments, is this a best option that closely emulates the OEM instrument?

thanks,

Robert

You can get faces/needles that are very similar. Even with black bezels they will still show so not an exact match if you really want a "restored" look. That said short of a full restoration, which should be OEM and not at all what this forum is about, this is by far the best option. I've had Autometer, VDO, and multiple other instruments including some high end race pieces. These are by far the best way to go for a Z IMO and for sure what my car will get. We purchased a set from ihiryu for my son's Jeep CJ project (and these are the lower line) his service, prices and the quality of the gauges were outstanding. I'd have already purchased mine but I'm not at that point in the project yet and they may have new features or updates between here and there so I am waiting until I need them for that buy, with any luck maybe this year's Black Friday sale.