HybridZ

Shadow Dash MS is out! Woohoo!

FricFrac

Check it out! Shadow Dash MS for Android devices. This is a slick piece of software that interfaces to your MS via bluetooth interface (need a serial to bluetooth module to talk to your MS).

http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php/shadowdashmsmenu

homeScreenPortraitSm.png

shadow_dash79_ms.pngShadow Dash MS for Android

Once again MegaSquirt tuning software stands in front of competitors. All new Shadow Dash MS provides not only mobile logging via your Android phone or tablet, but now the dashboards you have appreciated with TunerStudio have been brought to your Android phone or tablet as well. Actually TunerStudio dashboards with additional support for images in indicators and gauges. (Yes that is coming to TunerStudio too)

Released for Final Round Beta Testing, Android dashboards and data logging with style.

• Tunerstudio Dashboard Style and flexibility
  • Shadow Logger simplicity
  • Runs on you Android Phone or Tablet
  • MSL format data logging
  • Tune save & Load with normal msq files
  • Support for all MegaSquirt Firmwares
  • Slide between 4 Dashboards that are open at all times
  • Android Sensor data (GPS, Accelerometer, Magnetic, etc)
  • HUD Mode
  • Support for Android 2.2 and up.

Watch the introduction

Bluetooth to RS232 Adapter required. Get one here

ledLandscapeSm.png

This may look like a TunerStudio Dashboard, but it isn't TunerStudio, this screenshot is from Android!

Download Now

Look close and you will notice the addition of accelerometer and speedometer data.

analogBarLandscapeSm.png

Download Now

• 5 months later...

Is anyone (here) using this as a primary dash readout?

It's really got me thinking... I'm doing all this work to wire my gauges since I'm rewiring my car from scratch, and if I'm going to install MS I might as well just run a android tablet as a carputer and be done with it. Can anyone find any reason to install traditional gauges? I understand that mechanical gauges for oil pressure and traditional cool temp gauges are more "reliable" in some ways, but any new car uses 100% digital signal to their gauges...

...so for those that haven't seen my car, I'm just using a steel plate in the center for my gauges. If I ditch my gauges all I need is a switch panel. What's the worst that can happen? My tablet looses signal/connection with MS and my dash goes blank... how is that any different than my current situation (no speedo, no lights at night...)?

I've also seen guys use a VSS to add a MPG gauge to tunerstudio's dashboard, which I imagine this could also handle just fine.

The only real questions I have beyond all what I've stated, is that I'd like to get the tablet I'd use to recognize voice commands so I could switch to google navigation while driving and go back and forth between that and my dash, or even better yet, find a way to run apps WITHIN shadow dash....

If the tablet you use has GPS you get speed without VSS.  I was staring at the oil pressure and

fuel gauge yesterday thinking about how to get them into ShadowDash, and wondering if

the new Parrot 2Din andoid head unit could be squeezed into the stock spot if I ditched the

warning lamps below the stereo.  The neat feature about the Parrot is that it is very shallow,

only about 2 inches.

As for running apps in ShadowDash I was thinking it would be sweet in it could be made

into a live wallpaper, so it would start with the device and be easy to get back to.

Main reason I'd add a VSS over using GPS would be for more reliable speedo and mpg signal since I'd be my only dash gauges. Plus I want to have that data available in MS, just in case I want to use it to trigger something.

But yea, it seems like it wouldn't be hard for the developer to add the capability to run it as a live wallpaper, which would certainly make it easier to multi-task.

On the subject of fuel and oil pressure gauges, won't shadow dash see any senor/gauge you've setup in tunerstudio? So all you'd have to do is set up 2 more spare inputs, correct?

I have not done it, but yes you are supposed to me able to use move the .dash

files customized in TunerStudio to a ShadowDash device.  As for the Oil

Pressure and Fuel gauges, I was thinking about adding the extra inputs

to my harness and figuring out the sensor calibration.

• 2 years later...

Coming back to this a mere two years later. I'm wiring up my car finally and plan to be purchasing my MS box in a month or so here. From what I'm seeing, the new economy upgrades allow for a fully calculated fuel gauge. No input required. I'm ditching my sender entirely, since the stock gauge isn't THAT accurate anyway.