HybridZ

Has anyone been pulled over for engine swap?

_Donovan_

In NC, we have emmissions testing for only ODB and newer cars. I think the cutoff is around 1990. Next year, I will no longer have to even havemy Z inspected as it becomes a "antique" and is exempt at that point.

I was under the impression you didn't have to change address if you were at university student. Maybe Cali is different.

JM

"Ol' Dirty Buicks"? :P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Your biggest problem might not be with the state so much the post. If you are going to have on post housing. I was stationed in WA and to drive the car on post or rather get the car registered to keep it on post it had to pass smog. Those rules depended on the state. Didn't matter if you had out of state plates you still had to show that the car would apply to some kind of state law. Going to be there a year? DLI? Irwin? Maybe some kind of MEPS? Anyways keep the car away from post and you should be good too.

Thanks tony, glad I don't live in that state. Nevada is almost as bad now though.

My understanding is Clark County enforces CA Smog without the Pre76 exemption to keep people from "doing the obvious"...

My favourite lunchtime entertainment spectacle was the guy in the jacked up monster-mudder Oregon-Plated 4x4 getting waved into a random roadside dyno emissions test. I could hear him yelling on the wind almost 50m away! CHP was there, taking third vehicle off the light and 6th random vehicle (lane sequential apparently 1,2,3) in flowing traffic... Flagged down and waved in!

Edited by Tony D