HybridZ

Whats wrong with my VE's?

JacobsZ

Hello everyone, ive finally gotten my car running and idling well, it idles around 13.5 to 14 afr. When i put it in gear and try to either back up or move fowards to datalog, it bucks and the afr's go lean and it stalls. I'll increase the VE's around the area when it leans out and it continues to lean out. im using a timing map from someone in the map sharing post so im not sure if thats the reason. if neccesary ill post my map and datalog.

Thank you so much,

Jacob

...and are you using a wideband and which type. Post your file and logs. I just went thru a tuning session with a MSPNP guru in my area and learned a lot. Ton of info on MIATATURBO.net

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

Fric frac, i dont think i am. I usually set the ego correction rpm to 9000. I am using msns extra with the v3 board, i THINK. Here's my logsand .msq

Completely stock l28ET with supra yellowtop 305cc injectors

Turbo charge piping disconnected until i get it base tuned

Diy Autotune WB

Tuned it so i can actually drive but it is rich at idle, and lean at high throttle/high load

New folder.zip

EDIT: fixed

Edited by JacobsZ

I'm viewing the logs and it's showing you're staying in the 13-14:1 range in your afrs, which isn't horrible. Have you tried to run VE analyzer to autocorrect? I checked the regular stuff like your Launch control (which is off) and your overboost protection, which looks fine, and is set to 9PSI. I don't see anything glaring... If anything you could add more timing... But otherwise it doesn't look horrible.

Mike

Hello everyone, ive finally gotten my car running and idling well, it idles around 13.5 to 14 afr. When i put it in gear and try to either back up or move fowards to datalog, it bucks and the afr's go lean and it stalls. I'll increase the VE's around the area when it leans out and it continues to lean out. im using a timing map from someone in the map sharing post so im not sure if thats the reason. if neccesary ill post my map and datalog.

Thank you so much,

Jacob

How high is your idle ?

what is your crank speed set to ?,

on my car, crank speed is set to 300 RPM ( i think )

idle is 750,

if i try to take off, and the RPM goes to 300 or lower, it thinks its in crank mode, and leans out and wont rev,

the only fix, is to "clear it", by turning the engine off, and restart it,

my car has no fast idle, i have this issue mostly when the engine is cold...

it took me weeks to understand what was going on.. but now, it's a easy fix..

I hope this helps.

Nigel

Edited by Noddle

How high is your idle ?

idle is 750,

if i try to take off, and the RPM goes to 300 or lower, it thinks its in crank mode, and leans out and wont rev,

I hope this helps.

Nigel

Thank you! This fixed my problem. But now when im driving at WOT it hits 3000 and acts like a spark cut rev limiter. If i hold it on it long enough it starts to pop and bang, my rev limiter is set at 5500 and launch control at 4500.

How high is your idle ?

idle is 750,

I hope this helps.

Nigel

Thank you! This fixed my problem. But now when im driving at WOT it hits 3000 and acts like a spark cut rev limiter. If i hold it on it long enough it starts to pop and bang, my rev limiter is set at 5500 and launch control at 4500.