HybridZ

Fuel Accumulator

I was going to start on my fuel system for my LS1 swap into a 73 240z. I really want to keep my stock tank and not have to cut anything. I have read through many articles on welding in a sump but I swear I read on the forum that somebody used a BC Broncos fuel accumulator/filter on their stock tank w/o welding in a sump and they had great results with no fuel starvation even with some autocross time.

I would like to know that setup if someone knows who that is or who has possibly done it. I will be using the standard walbro pump, and corvette fpr that most everyone uses.

I modified the stock tank and in retrospect I would have just used a universal tank or fuel cell.......room for duel exhaust and less expensive.

I used an F-Body fuel tank, you have to spin it 180 degrees to get the filler neck on the right side but not hard. Looks good too like it was made for this car. I run the factory F-body pump with an inline pump and 60lb injectors and dont have any fuel issues.

I used an F-Body fuel tank, you have to spin it 180 degrees to get the filler neck on the right side but not hard. Looks good too like it was made for this car. I run the factory F-body pump with an inline pump and 60lb injectors and dont have any fuel issues.

Do you have photos of your tank swap ? I just purchased a 2002 Z28 and getting ready to do my swap .

I was going to start on my fuel system for my LS1 swap into a 73 240z. I really want to keep my stock tank and not have to cut anything. I have read through many articles on welding in a sump but I swear I read on the forum that somebody used a BC Broncos fuel accumulator/filter on their stock tank w/o welding in a sump and they had great results with no fuel starvation even with some autocross time.

I would like to know that setup if someone knows who that is or who has possibly done it. I will be using the standard walbro pump, and corvette fpr that most everyone uses.

That was me. This setup worked without any issues for over a year of driving/autocross.

I wanted to run the Bosch 044 pump instead of the walbro so I switched to the surge tank below. It works well too.

http://www.034motorsport.com/fuel-injection-solutions-fuel-pumps-fully-enclosed-fp34-044-fuel-surge-tank-p-21527.html

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n