HybridZ

Z Exhaust pics!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ebay (RS speed) 3 inch. It was actually quite huge but its pretty quiet and pretty decent looking. I'm happy with it."

Looks like they have a motorcycle style restrictor installed in the end of the muffler.

its a in-muffler silencer. It came with it installed it comes out if you remove the bolt. I haven't removed it yet.

Il lol on that. roll bar is only in there for looks. Its chrome platted and not atchated in 1 spot. Still need to secure it its only been 5 years :S

Mine has a cross bar that is in the center of my mirror. I am use to it but if you connected yours you would still have good rearward visibility and protection. I like the Idea.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the replies. I just received all the pieces to get the exhaust done (v bands, etc...). Still undecided on the muffler setup. Either I'll run a race cat or a oval Borla muffler under the driveshaft eventually. Im thinking no muffler in the rear. If anybody has done this or has input please speak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I went with this system. Twin 2" so can flow more than enough on a turbo motor.

adam your car is quite the role model for mine so excuse me if I had stalked your site a little bit. Coincidentaly I have the same exhaust. I removed it from a fairlady z parts car I bought a while back. Did you have any trouble fitting your carbs? I thought I read somewhere that SUs will not work with the trust header because they sit too low. The parts car had tripple webers on a FET manifold which raises the carbs up a little. Also what size engine do you have in there? Just curious.

adam your car is quite the role model for mine so excuse me if I had stalked your site a little bit. Coincidentaly I have the same exhaust. I removed it from a fairlady z parts car I bought a while back. Did you have any trouble fitting your carbs? I thought I read somewhere that SUs will not work with the trust header because they sit too low. The parts car had tripple webers on a FET manifold which raises the carbs up a little. Also what size engine do you have in there? Just curious.

Thanks mate :)

I purchased the car with the L28 (N42/N42) swapped over and running the round top SUs from a 240z. 

I too had heard of issues with people running certain extractors with different carb setups but I didn't have any issues with the SU and Trust setup. I did have issues with the size of the washers due to different thicknesses in the intake and exhaust flange thicknesses (exhaust leaks) but that's fairly common with anything aftermarket I believe.

Let me know if there's any other questions, I'm more than happy to help out.