HybridZ

71 240z 18 months of work.

Where did you get those swaybar saddles (super sweet!)? Also, you need to have a spacer made to move the swaybar about 1/2" off the frame, or your swaybar will kiss the frame rail, kink the sheetmetal and wreck your paint. To check to see if this is the case, loosen your strut collar all the way and jack up a front control arm till it is level. Then check sway bar to frame clearance. Then raise the control arm a couple inches more to simulate a hard bump. If the swaybar stays clear of the frame rail, disregard this discussions.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well done build.  Good attention to detail.  You make me want to build another one. 

Where in up state S.C.?

Greenville

Amazing build! Definitely one of the cleanest builds there is. I'd be afraid to drive it around.

What is your profession btw? That garage is super clean too :D

Irrigation contractor, back flow tester, palm tree farmer and owner @ 240zrubberparts.com

Wow nice! How far off the floor can you get the car now?

nice sway bar bushings, by the way.

Found these on ebay.

Where did you get those swaybar saddles (super sweet!)? Also, you need to have a spacer made to move the swaybar about 1/2" off the frame, or your swaybar will kiss the frame rail, kink the sheetmetal and wreck your paint. To check to see if this is the case, loosen your strut collar all the way and jack up a front control arm till it is level. Then check sway bar to frame clearance. Then raise the control arm a couple inches more to simulate a hard bump. If the swaybar stays clear of the frame rail, disregard this discussions.

Thanks for the heads up, I will fabricate a spacer.

Steve

This is definitely a great build. a inspiration actually!

Would you mind showing me the car if i'm ever in the greenville SC area? or if you ever drive it to the charlotte NC area.

i will be sure to source some 240z parts from your site.

Thanks.

This is definitely a great build. a inspiration actually!

Would you mind showing me the car if i'm ever in the greenville SC area? or if you ever drive it to the charlotte NC area.

i will be sure to source some 240z parts from your site.

Thanks.

Thanks, if you come to my area let me know.

I now have the R200 LSD in the car after replacing the seals, replating the hardware and installing a new differential mount.

post-18988-0-85587300-1428286101_thumb.jpg

post-18988-0-49387600-1428286103_thumb.jpg

post-18988-0-11627900-1428286105_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Been a while since I updated my build and I am still working on small details of the car.

Suspension and brakes are done and some of the interior is in back in the car.

Made new main wiring harness rubber tad holders

post-18988-0-12711800-1450800578_thumb.jpg

Dash in car now.

post-18988-0-47038700-1450800617_thumb.jpg

post-18988-0-60918900-1450800618_thumb.jpg