HybridZ

Koni custom front drag struts. Hope it's worth it!

You just need to come out here to Alabama where you can get more passes on a single night.  No matter how fast we get, there is always somebody faster...that's the reality.  Come race me and the shoe will be on the other foot.

It would be cool to see more Z enthusiast at the track or swop meets. I'm hoping to get to Sonoma and the King-dale fund raiser this season, both within an hour or so of sacramento.  Alabama might be a stretch.

Not sure.   It was grudge fest and most of the serious racers opted to keep there times private and there hoods closed. He did say it was a small block. As said previously I noticed the smell of alcohol. My guess is he had some kind of power adder because of the way he left the line off idle and the long stretch between the 1-2 shift.

I hate that when guys keep their times private!  Have you seen the perfume for fuel advertised?  I've thought about getting some just to have fun with folks.  I would go with the bubble gum flavor!  I'm gonna try to spend some time this weekend talking to folks to learn some bracket racing tactics.  I'm definitely gonna try to get the tower to use a dial-in even during TnT so I can get used to running next to somebody and trying to beat them by "just a bit."  So far, my only tactic has been to go as fast as I can.

Dang!  I just watched that "loosest setting" youtube video.  Wheels UP!

Edited by RebekahsZ

No. I haven't seen any adds on the fuel perfume.  Think I would go for barbecue rib flavor ! Maybe distract them just enough.    It sounded like you were getting pretty consistent in your previous races. How"s your reaction time?                                                                                                                                                                                          Ya it was interesting loosing sight of the pavement. When I get the car dialed in there will probably be less of that. It was fun though!   The 2 step is next.

8" cast aluminum. /     I ordered the LS MSD 2step and I'm thinkin I'll wire in a switch behind the brake pedal for know sense I don't have a transbrake or a need to move the shifter at launch. Would I use a normally open or closed switch?

Gorden is the guy you would talk to.   For my special order, Koni was very slow/and expensive in my opinion. There wasn't a whole lot of enthusiasm for an order of one set.  In the end he made sure I got what I wanted.    Only time will tell on the durability!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated changes to car- 2step installed, used with brake pedal switch / droop limiters installed but not adjusted to restrict front end on this questionable night.   Went to the track wednesday night for the street car event. There was a pretty good showing and as the evening progressed the temps cooled down enough to keep the blower happy.  Thought I'd start out with the front shocks set to the loosest setting and the two step off. It being a week night event the track prep is minimal, "what do you want for $15".  I ran a total of 5 runs, the first 3 with no adjustment or changes to anything ( 1.922 tire spin/1.541/1.552 60fts ). The 4th run I tightened the rebound one full turn and it didn't seem to help ( 1.561 60ft ). The last run I decided to use the 2step set at 1900rpm with the rebound set back at loosest setting netting a 1.605 with a little tire chirping.  Conclusions... none as of yet. I need to make a bunch more runs to have any real idea what is going on.  I will say using the 2step the launch seems snappier and by worming up the brakes as best as possible prier to staging, the car will stay in place.  The 2nd, 3rd and 4th runs were the start of the eliminations 10.470/ 10.471/ and 10.479, pretty consistent except for the 10.50 dial in I might of been in it for a while.   Good fun though.

• 1 year later...

Made it to sacramento raceway saturday for the street car grudge fest. It was a great turn out with a wide variety of cars from 8 to 20 seconds. We watch through most of the event but did get 3 passes on the loosest rebound setting and 1 pass on the firmest. Both the passes where I managed to get the RPM's up and kept the car in place netted quite a bit of front end lift (loosest setting) but did nothing to improve my 60ft  - 1.52/1.57 -  . The last run I decided to tighten the shocks to the firmest setting and positioned myself with a late comer, another Z car with a suspicious smell of alcohol emitting from the back of his car. I had a brief moment before moving in position to ask him what he was running and all he offered was "small block chevy". As it turned out I was completely out of my league. He ran to about half track and then shut down with a 1.33 60ft/5.82 half track and I believe he had to pull out of it because he was going skyword . Looking over at him I thought I was dragging a boat anchor LOL.       My car, on the firmest setting was not a good representation 1.53 60ft, I didn't get the RPM's up ," I know excuse excuse etc excuse ".    O'well  Another day more testing to come. All in all great fun for the night.  My first impression of these strut inserts is, I think there great but I'm likely going to need some changes to my car to be consistent and that much faster. Mainly tranbrake a little higher stall and a 2 step.     AND IF THAT DON'T WORK I'M GONNA SLAM MY 2 STAGE NITROUS BACK ON THE CAR AND SWITCH OVER TO E85! 

Was the other Z yellow? If so, its not just a SBC lol, that car is a solid 8 second car on a bad day. I know that car well, and yes he is very secretive due to the money racing he does.

I run at the same exact track with a 4 link 240z, and anywhere from 650-800hp depending on the month of the year. (Always changing stuff) On radials, I pick up the front end significantly (Almost flipped once) and carry it for about 20ft, while running a 1.31-1.39, OR I blow the tires off since radials are quite finicky. When I run hoosier cheater slicks, the car will do 1.32-1.45 pretty much everytime. What is your setup like? Pinion angle, IC, ect.? Mine is -2degrees with the IC set about a foot in front of my car on the ground. Have you tried putting more rpm in on the launch? I launch around 4000 but I have a lot more tire than you do. (28x10.5w currently) Transbrake helps a lot to get the car to leave well for me as well, but its a learning process obviously.

Edited by mistafosta