HybridZ

new road bike

rossman

I own a Kona dew delux, but I'm not pro race or anything. Decided to start biking to work (about 4 miles away) back in high school. started riding all over the. I've done one century ride but that is the farthest I will ever go. Bike is currently in Cali, but this semester I will be taking it with me to FL to bike

med_gallery_8768_6_55665.jpg

My other bike is a Cannondale M500 that I picked up used in 2000. The rear derailer and front shocks are completely wore out now and need to be replaced. I think I'm going to rebuild it. The frame is in good shape and pretty light for a mountain bike.

I went for a 40 mile ride today. The weather in Houston is cool and clear....very nice. This frame is fairly heavy for a composite but it soaks up bumps well and pedaling effort seems pretty efficient.

Edited by rossman

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Yasin! We've met before.  I sold you a set of swastika wheels.  That is a clean, good looking classic bike you got there.  My Propel Advanced SLR with with SLR full carbon wheels (different than pictured), carbon bidon cage, Ultegra pedals, Fizik saddle, etc. weighs 17.1 lbs.  Test drive a good carbon bike and you'll be amazed at how light and smooth ride.  A lot of people choke on the price but it's well worth it if you can afford it.  I usually ride with the Space City Cycling Club here in Clear Lake.  You should join us.

Edited by rossman

Hi Ross - Nice to hear from you and hope all is well. Thanks for the compliments on my old roadie.  I will definitely look seriously into a Carbon framed bike this year, the weight of yours is remarkable as I am sure I have about 5 or so more pounds on my bike.  If I am down in your neck of the woods I will certainly like to tag along on a group ride (probably towards the rear of the group..laughing!).

Cheers.

Yasin