HybridZ

L28et swap RICH in the >10 AFR's, AFM at idle?

In the picture, It's the '82-'83 turbo distributor WITH the stock wiring.  Normally, when you buy that distributor, it'll have that wiring attached (since it doesn't work without it!).  Only an a-hole would sell a guy a '82-'83 turbo distributor without that connector intact...

In the picture, It's the '82-'83 turbo distributor WITH the stock wiring.  Normally, when you buy that distributor, it'll have that wiring attached (since it doesn't work without it!).  Only an a-hole would sell a guy a '82-'83 turbo distributor without that connector intact...

Im thinkin either its an 82-83 motor with 81 electronics or they just happened to get an 82-83 distributor for the 81 motor and for whatever reason used the 81 ecu/cas.  Cant imagine why you'd go through the trouble of the oil pump and distributor if youre not even gonna use it!  Or they had future plans for a different setup.  Ill have to try and find that wire...

I cant use my 81 ecu with the 82 distributor can I?

Yes, you can use the '82-'83 CAS with an '81 ECU.  It doesn't know the difference.  The same signal is coming from both types of CAS.  I used an '81 ECU and harness on my '83 L28ET for years before swapping to VG30E engine management...

Yes you can, it's the same signal.

sweet, thanks guys. need to see if its truly a cas distributor and then find that connector...

Oh wait, I still have a rich problem as well!  :icon56:

Edited by SDgoods