HybridZ

OEM Style Headlight Covers

Mdantonio

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will make them, we need a good set to clone. The lenses will not be as difficult because they do not have the concave bend as does the standard z set. I need to demonstrate the level of interest in gnose rings so the machinists don't consider this a "one off" piece.

By the way if anyone's wondering about the quality of work of the folks I'm using, leading the effort is Jim Degarde, builder of seven Winston cup cars and long time nascar expert and fabricator on the Night Train II. You would not believe the complexity of the aluminum system inside the sled. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2013/08/21/usa-bobsled-night-train-2-sochi-olympics/2682585/

Jim is currently working on my zcar after we tore it down to the shell and rebuilt....it's an exciting project!

Edited by Mdantonio

I had some delays in moving this forward due to health issues but am on it full time. I have the aluminum rings on my 260z and pics just really don't do them justice. It's like looking at plastic (original) vs. polished aluminum. The difference is that dramatic and i am confident no one will be disappointed with the aluminum rings. I had all the external emblems and plastic pieces machined from aluminum so I'll post pics when the cars finished but I found the right group to make these trim rings. Anyone with lenses and wants aluminum rings please post and I'll get them ordered for you...

Am very interested as I was originally going to fit these but they are impossible to find, if they are as good as you say Im happy to forward the money electronically, and Im sure there would be a considerable number of my Australian Z crew interested in them also.

Sirpent, they are outstanding and if you put the aluminum trim rings next to the chromed originals it's like comparing a ford festiva to a Mercedes SLK....no exaggeration. If you have a v8z and will search the forum for emblem discussion we have a machined aluminum emblem for the side vents and exterior of the car with a v8z overlay in the center. I have 25 blanks in sets (2) that I'd be happy to have made and sell if interested. My thought was to get the plastic off the car. I've learned quite a bit about modifying these cars. The folks I hired have the numbered tags in the single and double digits of the datsuns they built and modified for racing....So a bit off the lens topic but the lenses Are a very small but critical part of what were hoping to accomplish.

Buddy, No V8 for me, mines a 3.2L Supercharged V6 AMG.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/98821-sirpents-260z-c32-amg-powered-rs30-australia/page-4?&

I purchased Porcshe 997 Head lamps which I was going to install, but if I can get a set of G-Nose lenses from you with trim, I will sell the 997's.

Cheers

John

This is like the only hope for G nose guys lol :icon44:

The machinists doing this built race zcars for years so they are more inclined to do this than others, gnose, standard, etc. I have no problem helping anyone with their projects and making more items accessible/available to any extent I can, especially when it will enhance appearance IMHO like replacing plastic with polished aluminum. Only helps us all...

• 2 weeks later...

I think there would be a small market for g nose covers . just look at the last set that was on ebay! 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161161382908?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

:icon44:

Got my Gnose covers on Yahoo.auctions for 450$. Original ones. And another set i paid 950$ :D But it seems some one in Japan started reproducing them, because the ones that i got look just like real deal, but they come without any Nissan boxing or part numbers etc...

1476520_584498924956104_947268016_n.jpg

Got my Gnose covers on Yahoo.auctions for 450$. Original ones. And another set i paid 950$ :D But it seems some one in Japan started reproducing them, because the ones that i got look just like real deal, but they come without any Nissan boxing or part numbers etc...

1476520_584498924956104_947268016_n.jpg

Sellers details?