OEM Style Headlight Covers

Mdantonio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i have 2 sets of the factory rings and have been looking for new lenses for a while can't wait until the lens are available. I will take 2sets of the lenses

This discussion has been going on for 15 months and doesn't appear to be near completion. You might get better results with ebay if you're serious about putting lenses on your Z. The vendor in Thailand offers them regularly. I've bought other items from him and they came through well packed and as advertised.

Dennis

This discussion has been going on for 15 months and doesn't appear to be near completion. You might get better results with ebay if you're serious about putting lenses on your Z. The vendor in Thailand offers them regularly. I've bought other items from him and they came through well packed and as advertised.

Dennis

Can you share the vendors contact info as a contribution to the forum and not just bad mouth the topic . :icon56:

Edited by PLATA

Thanks for the link Sirpent. 

Is this thread still active for the short nose covers?

This looked REALLY promising with the level of commitment put in.

Would be a real shame to see this end here; almost like a badly plotted movie.. 

Hi all

What's the latest on the status of these headlight lenses?

I broke one of my Nissan original ones yesterday ... &%$# ...

Not happy about that...

-e

EDIT: Found a replacement set of lenses - so I'm good for now...

Edited by ericbauer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Replicating the lenses and trim pieces is a huge undertaking.  There have been several enthusiastic starts on doing the lenses over the years and they have all fizzled out when reality set in.  Add this one to the list.  Used sets are available on ebay from Thailand and replicas are available from Yahoo Auctions Japan.  Those two sources seem to be the best choices for obtaining sets.

Dennis

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have been following this thread off and on, really would like some OEM style covers! I can't find the Thailand replicas and I only see G nose on Yahoo Japan. My wife is Japanese so I can get her help with sites that don't translate well. The cost of the real OEMs are always ridiculous, I almost never see the short nose anyway. I'm surprised a replica isn't easily available in Japan, I will have a look with my wife and ask some places there that might know. I want a set or two if this project ever works out! 

The only OEM light covers ive seen are the ones on jdm-parts .com for 2000 usd...and at that price would you even want to put them on your car lol

Im in for a set if somebody ever gets these done ...for 5-6 hundred dollars for a replica makes me feel alot better when put on my car ....getting a scratch or stone chip in a 2000 dollar set would really ruin my day lol