HybridZ

7M-GTE Devil Z

72-s30

Thanks everybody! I'm starting to get really excited now. 

Welded up a fan shroud for my electric fan out of some more stainless! I love working with it, pretty easy, looks great, and easier to TIG weld.

IMG_20130511_193910_zps304bd05c.jpg

Chris

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chris,just read the thread and it looks like you're doing an awesome job man. I'm actually pretty close to you in Maple Ridge. I currently have a mark 3 supra with a 7m, hoping to buy a 280z donor car soon. Anyways, keep up the good work!

yea im lookin at either a greddy or HKS

I've got a brand new Cometic MLS in packaging I'll ship you for 85% of whatever it costs new.

http://www.shopengineparts.com/parts.aspx?eid=651&cid=24&type=engine&vtype=Import+Auto&make=Toyota+%2f+Lexus&model=7M-GTE+3.0L+87-92+2054cc

(Cometic's website now redirects to shopengineparts.com)

I ordered one when the PO of my 7m told me he replaced the headgasket with a cometic, but not with an MLS.  I popped the top to replace it, and it turns out it WAS an MLS. :D  Bonus!

Hey Suprabog, sounds awesome! We will defiantly have to go for a cruise once we both get running! If you need any help or have any questions let me know and i'll try to help best I can although sometimes I don't think I know what i am doing haha.

Hey badjuju, sorry but I am way past putting the head gasket in! Thanks for the offer though.

Update!

Got some gauges:

IMG_20130521_205700_zps887602bd.jpg

IMG_20130521_205705_zps0b5354d5.jpg

IMG_20130521_205713_zps793ad22c.jpg

IMG_20130521_205719_zps942b390d.jpg

And made up a mount for my hall sensor trigger wheel:

IMG_20130521_204050_zpse5dbf8ad.jpg

IMG_20130521_204113_zps259796ce.jpg

IMG_20130521_204006_zpsc7240601.jpg

Also been doing lots of wiring so the harness is almost done! Then i'll be trying to hook up all the other small wiring for gauges, ignition and some other relays etc.

Edited by 72-s30

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chris,

Like the look of the build, love the rad piping. I think you'll probably already be doing it as you have shimmed the oil pump but its probably worth changing the oil cooler setup to thermostat controlled from pressure controlled (good write-up here on it). I'm running a 7mgte in a 260z at the moment, can say its a lot of fun to drive! Will eventually switch to an aftermarket ECU I think so will be watching keenly, same for how you wire up your rev counter

Tom

Thats looks beautiful.  Excellent fab work and welding as Lance mentioned the pie-cuts are fabulous.

You could have shaved a month off the build by just buying bends hahahaha

Unlike many, the pie cuts here are done well. Normally not a fan, but here I don't mind them

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

seattlejester, ill get some pics for you next time I can!

Nelsonian, here's a pic of the current status:

963743_10151541000035684_584410585_o.jpg

ECU Is all wired and just trimming up the loose end before I send it to Independent speed shop to have tuned and setup!!! Can hardly wait now!!

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I've decided to give a bit of an update rather than just the previous video:

• Accidentally shorted the VEMS due to 1 wire... So i did what I should have done and picked up a Haltech S500 to get it running in the previous video
  • Tranny is KOD, so I will be rebuilding that over my winter break
  • No Hp/Tq numbers yet, did get a chance to run it on the dyno but no power pulls, I would like to break it in first
  • Going to need to re-wire the engine bay
  • Also going to have to change the BOV, has major leakage upon idle and low boost <1lb 
  • most likely will be running new fuel lines, current ones are too weak
  • Also will be putting in a different FPR
  •  

Hopefully when It is rewired and plumbed Ill tune it too 12lbs and see how that goes!!

BLOZ UP - I found an excel spread sheet on google that allows me to plug in my required variables and it will tell me how long to cut and at what angle I need to cut at:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?17518-Tube-pie-cut-calculator