HybridZ

What intercooler are you guys using?

Richs72RBz

What intercooler are you guys using and what kind of air temps are you seeing. I have a cxracing intercooler and it heat soaks like a mofo,driving around and doing a couple of pulls works fine but if I'm on it all the time for a long duration of time "track conditions." It tends to soak heat. I have a nice precision intercooler from my other set up but the intercooler is a little too long. So instead of hacking the precision intercooler to make it "fit" ill just sell it and buy one that fits.

The car is making around 450whp at 20psi so I need an intercooler that will support that.

Could you upload a pic so we can see?

Where is your intercooler placed? Where does the piping route? How big is the intercooler?

I ask because I've seen some RB swaps where the route the return intercooler piping behind the radiator and all the cores because of the same side intake; my concern has always been that the heat passing though the radiator and intercooler will heat up your charge air no? Maybe my thinking is incorrect. But that's why I went with a same side intake and through intercooler.

The other concern I'd have is pushing that much air, is your intercooler matched for your performance?

It's routed like any typical rb25 with greddy intake. Ic is in front of the radiator not behind. I know that my intercooler is not up to par for what I want to do. That's why I'm asking you guys too see what works well.

My precision 600hp intercooler work well but i would have to hack it up to make it fit and I'm not really in the mood to do that. So what are you guys using?

I chose the garrett because i didnt want to buy the real deal blitz hks greddy unit so i went half and half since the chinese core had mixed review. Most members here that have ebay coolers will tell you they work great and i believe them the pressure lose arent that bad from what i read. I dont think you will be disapointed.

The cx intercooler should work fine for what your using it for. Me on the other hand, I'm boosting 22-24 psi and will occasionally use the car at the track. I can see the air temp getting pretty hot when I was street tuning. I've been looking at the treadstone intercooler and it looks pretty legit. The core looks pretty dense and the end tanks has baffles so that the air gets divided to the top and bottom of the intercooler. I might try it out, less than $400 shipped for 30x12x3.5 intercooler. Not bad!