HybridZ

ECU questions

joelrs7

I currently have a 1978 280z with a 83 l28et swap. I'm running a stock ecu and im looking to upgrade and the questions I have are :

1. Is there a forum for step by step on instructions for mega squirt? I tried searching and didn't find what I needed. 

2. Exactly what mega squirt ecu would be best and recommended with my application? 

3. Is a Z31 ecu just as tune-able and good as a mega squirt? if so any ideas on where to find one, they seem hard to come by.

4. when running a cobra maps sensor does it have to be a cobra? if so what year does it need to be, and if not can i get one off any mustang?

5. would it be easier to build a new wiring harness or to re-pin the ecu into my current one?

thanks!

I like the MS2 v 3.0. You can assemble the board yourself or buy one already assembled. You need a harness, a fuse panel, and a few relays and some basic electrical skills. Also need a laptop, usb/serial cable with tunerstudio downloaded. Plan on spending around $800 roughly on parts to get started. Look in the megasquirt section of this forum.