HybridZ

TR's Turbo 260z - First Dyno!

Took the Z to a local dyno day this Saturday, and got 4 runs in. Since converting over to the external wastegate I hadn't spent much time tuning my boost controller to see how much of a change in dutycycle is needed to increase/decrease each psi. I started around 16psi and each run I increased it 5%. I was hovering around 18psi by the last run, right where I wanted to be.

Final numbers were 315hp and 335tq, not bad! The other turbo cars there were seeing 5-10hp drops on subsequent runs, so even though i gained each run by adjusting the boost controller, I was probably losing 5-10hp in heat. On top of that starting around 5600 rpm I started going super rich, which probably killed my top end some. May or may not have given me a better peak number, but something to consider.

From here I think I'll go ahead and rebuild this motor, considering I had no idea I was getting that severe amount of blowby. Also, i found a local guy that will rebuild, port/polish, AND flowbench my head for SUPER cheap. After I get all that done I'm thinking about converting over to E85 to see if it will help with the detonation issues these motors have, and allow me to run more agressive timing. I'm still shooting to break the 400hp mark without running more than 20psi of boost, so we'll see!

ZAllDyno.png

Edited by TrumpetRhapsody