HybridZ

Weird RIM situation . . . RIM people . . . UNITE!!!

So, I'm looking to throw these rims on my Z, but in a different color (probably FLAT black instead of gloss black. I found a place that KINDA looks like these, and they'll do them in any offset I need . . 

MR Wheels

They are a little heavy, but they are pretty darn CHEAP for custom offset. 

I think the rims below are the same ones that I have linked above . . .

29.jpg

I'm also wondering about these rims . . . they have 9 spokes which aren't the same as the one I linked to from MRW . . 

240z5.jpg

The reason I am looking into these is my car has a very unique rear end. I have fabbed in a 240sx (S13) rear subframe, and this pushes the track out about an inch or so on both sides. 

16071008_large.jpg

I have a set of Extra wide ZG flares, but when mounted the tires are literally already about 3mm from the fender. So, I'm trying to fit in some bigger rears (around 235 - 255) and a little wider fronts (205-215). The front is stock so I'll need to get a prett NEG offset to push them out . . . BUT i don't want it to look weird with the front having more lip then the rear... So I'll probably have to go with something like +14 and then a 10 or 15 mm spacer.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open for options. I was actually looking into a few different options, one being the WORK CR01's, in a A disk and O disk patter for the front and rear respectively. But, this would be in 15, and with 15's I'm limited to 225 MAX width for tires (at least, all the 235 or 255 that I found looked to be like 50 or 60 Height and weren't even performance tires, but more for jeeps or suvs)

Your help here would be greatly appreciated.

FYI . . 

Work config . .

Front : 15x7.5 +16 with 15mm spacer

Rear  : 15x9   +45  with 4 - 5 mm spacer

Edited by New-to-240z

Hope I'm not telling you something you already know; but if you're considering steel wheels, Diamond wheels are hard to beat for price, quality, size availability and customer service.  The sizes you're considering would roughly run you $80 each at Diamond.

P.S.  Don't forget  to be very specific about valve stem size and lug size, taper, and pattern when ordering (as well as other options like finish, hole patter, etc).  Some of these vendors are so used to dealing with the stock car crowd, they sometime make assumptions about these things if you don't specifically tell them.  Good luck.

Hope I'm not telling you something you already know; but if you're considering steel wheels, Diamond wheels are hard to beat for price, quality, size availability and customer service.  The sizes you're considering would roughly run you $80 each at Diamond.

P.S.  Don't forget  to be very specific about valve stem size and lug size, taper, and pattern when ordering (as well as other options like finish, hole patter, etc).  Some of these vendors are so used to dealing with the stock car crowd, they sometime make assumptions about these things if you don't specifically tell them.  Good luck.

Huge thanks, as I think these are the ones I was looking for, but they are still steelies and thus, pretty damn heavy! :)  Any idea on what to do about the tires? I want to fit some good sized rubber in the back, but I'm really limited with 15" rims. Again, thank you for your help.

I also just noticed that I can get them in varying sizes from 15 to 17, so . . . SCORE!!! I think I'll contact them today. Any help on tires tho . . :)

Edited by New-to-240z