HybridZ

Porsche 904 racecar throwback based on the 987 Boxster platform

Nelsonian

Over the weekend I was searching for an unrelated car and stumbled onto this site showing renderings of this modified replica. I certainly love the 904 design and completely see the potential of modern running gear wrapped in classic style. Think I have a new screen saver for awhile.

http://www.vwboost.com/content.php?2211-Gullwing-America-creates-a-Porsche-904-racecar-throwback-based-on-the-987-Boxster-platform

post-736-0-58558200-1361850099_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-21312900-1361850120_thumb.jpg

The Beck people make a 904 Replica suitable for historic racing. Oooooh! I remember the R&T issue featuring the 904 and thinking "63mph...IN REVERSE!"

I watched some at Spa 6 Hours two years ago... Infatuated.

If this proves to be a modern version, in true to spirit of the original, things are looking up in the car world indeed!

Somebody has to complain :) (see my location :D)

I think it looks great but wheel are too big IMHO. One size smaller would have probably be better.

Afterwards, you can't go wrong with 904, they look (and sound!) awesome. I see some run at Le Mans Classic every two years - beautiful.