HybridZ

Simtec Motorsports FMIC

Hello Folks. Does anybody have these FMIC from Simtec installed? Any reviews? http://simtecmotorsports.com/S30fmic.htm I am in the hunt and I've read alot using the NPR, Volvo 740, Starion etc. But the thing is, I don't have the tools to cut and bend the piping. These ones here are ready to install and fitted for the 280z with probably minor modification. And for the price they are descent. I could not find any reviews of this part here in the forum. I just got the l28et installed in the 280z and would like to upgrade with the FMIC. I will be replacing the clutch fan with electronic to fit these piping. Need some input from the experts. Thanks

I don't see anything particularly special about their kit that is specific to a Z. You could put together a kit from eBay for a lot less and come out with a lot of spare pipes and clamps. With this kit, it looks like you will still have to fab up the mounts/attachment points, which in my opinion is the hardest part.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I did recently install an intercooler like I described.