HybridZ

T3 turbo to intercooler tubing

napship

Hello Hybrid Z members,

I have a 283ZX turbo engine I am installing on a 75Z. I purchased a Garret T3 with a 60 trim blade turbo, I also have a intercooler. I need help to see a diagram for tubing. The T3 has 2 ports (in+out), I am not sure where the tubes go to. The same from the Intake to intercooler etc. Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

There exists a sacred build thread where several people posted pictures of their setups that could give you an idea of how to route the pipes. Because this website is stingy with sharing information, the administrator often buries it deep within the archives. To help you find it, I've created this treasure map. If you don't follow its exact instructions, you may not find the information you're looking for, so I implore you to stay the course all the way through the long, cruel journey. Good luck:

post-530-0-40779600-1362882699_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wanton, 

I visited the location for the information you pointed from your treasure map and explored all photos. Unfortunately, the photos shared did not show clearly piping from both turbo ports. Not sure if the turbo big port pipe goes to intercooler or where? Also, I can't see where the turbo small port pipe goes to. Thanks again.

I went to Garret T3 turbo site and was able to get a diagram for the turbo piping. Take care.

Edited by napship

This is an advanced technical forum, and a basic knowledge of automotive workings is expected from anyone posting (It's one of the forum rules even!). If you really need to know which port is which on a standard turbo then Google is where you should be looking.

I hope you post your build as it progresses, but please exhaust your resources (i.e. Google) before asking any basic questions here. The forum admins, and knowledgeable old timers don't look kindly on anyone too lazy to reach out and find information for themselves, especially when it is readily available.

That said, there is a wealth of information to be had here; Search is your friend, 99% of the information you need is already here!

Edit: Feeling generous, see the link below, it should help.

http://www.webanswers.com/post-images/D/D5/7E1F9352-1776-15A9-635212F3935DF972.jpg

Edited by LanceVance

Thank you LanceVance for the advice and the link. As I've been doing, I will continue google information I need before I ask Hybrid Z members to help. I understand the frustation and apologize. I will post the progress of my project as soon as I drop the engine and trans in and, after installing the turbo piping. Have a good Sunday.

Edited by napship