HybridZ

pic of imsa flares without a gnose?

nacitar

I've searched, and searched.. I simply want to find a picture of a Z with the imsa flares (like these: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2965379/1972-datsun-240z/ or http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt73726/pd1865902/FULL__IMSA___G_NOSE__RACE__BODY_KIT_ ) but WITHOUT a g-nose, just the front grille.

Anyone?

as an aside, I'm also interested in the short nose _without_ a front bumper if anyone's got pics of that (as in, where the car is intentionally lacking it, not just it has been removed)... but that's not my primary interest here.

Here's  a link to one on youtube with a custom airdam.

Awesome! Looks sweet.  If anyone has more lay them on me, but that one shows the concept pretty well; I just hate it's with an unknown custom airdam instead of one I could actually readily obtain.

I don't know of an airdam that's made for IMSA flares and a stock nose. If someone knows of one, I am in the market too. Most folks seem to take one designed for  G-nose and shorten it.

Awesome, these pics show good quality angles of exactly what I wanted to see, this is what I was after in this thread.  hybridz delivers.

I too am curious about the airdam options.

• 3 weeks later...

Might you know where you came across this picture?  I want to know more about this car.

I'm curious if they may have used an existing front airdam as a "Base" for modification, too.

Edited by nacitar

Might you know where you came across this picture?  I want to know more about this car.

I'm curious if they may have used an existing front airdam as a "Base" for modification, too.

Here are a few more. The car was at MSA last year. I didn't get any other info on it though.

tumblr_m3a14o2YWL1r3de4oo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3a14o2YWL1r3de4oo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3a14o2YWL1r3de4oo3_1280.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished fiberglassing some rear IMSA flares and now I am going to try and build a front airdam similar to the YZ kit at ZTRIX. I'll post here if it turns out. Thanks for posting those pics, CORPCRIM they give me some ideas. Here's where my car is right now.

Mather5_zpsd23307a7.jpg

547517_10200941546210948_1617998496_n_zp

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've looked around like crazy for similar airdams from other types of cars that maybe he modified, but can't find one so I guess it may be custom... which is unfortunate, because I really want to go with the imsa flares without a gnose appearance, but it seems i'll have to fabricate/modify an airdam to do it.

... or am I mistaken, and other airdams would fit properly?

Edited by nacitar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Every gnose I see, the airdam is so low I'd worry about scraping it on driveways and such into parking lots.  Moreover, I rather like the front clearance the car has stock.  However, I'm pretty sure the front fender flares go down far enough that you can't really adapt them without having an airdam lower to the ground. 

In general, every imsa-flared Z I've seen seems like if they drove over a soda can they'd ding their airdam on it... so really, ride height with the flares is a concern to me.  Have you guys seen any without such a low front clearance?  I don't want a crazy high center of gravity either, though...  Meh.

Edited by nacitar

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello I own this Z

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/zlalomz/media/549334_407006472653862_872820434_n_zps32caa78a.jpg.html

To answer some questions. Yes it is a one off airdam I fabricated out of Yes.. a 1995 Murcielago replicar. I don't like the g nose either for its ridiculous length it adds to the already long nose original Z. This car has been sitting in my garage since it was in the MSA show several years back. I had some interest from people about where they could get the front airdam but I can't reproduce it unless we make some molds for it. I worry that if I drive it I can damage it so molds need to be made. if anyone is interested in doing this with me let me know. I want to get it back on the road this summer.

Armando