HybridZ

Using McKinney Motorsport VQ swap kit?

chicago240z

I was curious if any one has used the Mckinney s30/vq swap kit I am getting ready to install one next week once car gets back from body shop, also curious as to where you reinforced tha frame? I need some ideas,

I do have some v8 swap full length rails I was going to install?

Thanks, love all the other great ideas on all the builds I will start page soon

The Mckinney mount set has been used a number of times on a number of conversions. From stateside to different parts fo the world. 

There are some threads and info about reinforcing the frame, just have to search about. 

Welcome btw, looking forward to your thread/install. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wrapped the rails in the engine bay. You'll also need to build the mount for the steering mod.  Mine is not using the McKinney mount, though I wish they'd had it availible when I started.  I might swap to it if I have any issues.  one thing about the McKinney kit is that it really makes moving the engine back and forth easy!  Mine, I didn't have the sliders so I had to pull weld cut reposition, weld, etc my mounts which was a headache and a half.

• 4 months later...

My Car has the mckinney mounts, and they work really well.  Engine sits low and it is really easy to slide back and forth in the bay.  The only limiting factor in sliding it back and forth is the front cross member, and the fire wall.  Plan to remove the hood latch if you want the engine to sit far back in the bay.  Overall I am happy with the mounts.