HybridZ

Looking for a few good candidates (And their money)

Highpoints of that test was MSA altered their air dam based on the testing completed.

I didn't know that.  What did they change?

I'm not complaining by a LONGSHOT---the data gleaned only whetted my appetite to be sure!

Oh yeah, I'd love to go back if we ever work it out.  If you've got a bit of garage engineer/tinkerer in you, it's like crack.

jt

Yes Alan, was that piece sourced from Car Shop Jalopy? It looks very similar to what he had on the Red G-Nosed car when I visited his shop two years or more ago now...

Since seeing the quality of the parts (and only having seen catalog representations in the past!) made me "WANT".... Supposedly a sin...

post-380-0-35811800-1407731011_thumb.jpg

post-380-0-33900700-1407731062_thumb.jpg

post-380-0-16351400-1407731123_thumb.jpg

The frame grabs are really priceless ammunition for those claiming S30 development occurred in a vacuum, without any wind tunnel testing... Those scale models say clearly otherwise...in fact making an argument for rather advanced development!

The argument "they did it all" may come into some aspects of the discussion, but "quantified and easily available results for everybody" is the counterpoint...

And as always, that would be my major secondary goal after personal curiosity satiation... LOL

Yes Alan, was that piece sourced from Car Shop Jalopy? It looks very similar to what he had on the Red G-Nosed car when I visited his shop two years or more ago now...

Put it this way, it was made by the same people who made the ones that Nishi san at Revive Jalopy used to stock...  ;)

Legend has it that these under guards used to make engines overheat whilst running at lower road speeds and in stop-start-stop traffic, and many owners in period removed them (cars in question would be 432-Rs). We shall see how I get on, but perhaps my oversized radiator and the generally cooler weather here will help me with that.

Something about your sunny climate leads me to think you won't have a problem! And there's always the possibility of Emigrating to Scotland... LOL

I need to get back and pay a visit... Always good information gleaned whilst there!