HybridZ

Where are Spots to Weld - Restoration with V8

I am in the middle of restoring my 75 280z and have a few questions im hoping you can help me with!
I am doing an LM7, or 5.3 v8 build with a Camaro T56 6-speed.

Currently, i have scrapped most of the underbody off to clean it up and get to the rust, and all of the rubber coating off of the floor on the inside.

Behind the fenders i have noticed, by the door hinges there are a couple of spot welds for the fender/main body piece. I was thinking, that could really be strengthened up with a fresh weld, which got me thinking:

Im cutting out the radiator support and welding in tubular, and making custom frame rail and motor, strut tower/firewall braces which should help a lot. I am also going to have a partial/custom cage.

What other spots on the car could use some good welds to help strengthen the shell, due to running a 600+hp v8 turbo setup?

Taken from this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/91330-240z-chassis-prep-reinforcements/

For a street driven S30, here's about as much as you can do to stiffen the chassis:

1. Seam Weld (every sheet metal seam overlap.)
2. Bad Dog Subframe Connectors
3. Weld-In Roll Bar.
4. Welded In Rear STB.
5. Triangulated Front STB.
6. Radiator Core Support Reinforcement.
7. Transverse Link Bracing Reinforcement.
8. RT Diff Mount.
9. Tubular Seat Mounts.
10. Box Upper Frame Horns to Firewall/Cowl.
11. Reinforce Pedal Box/Brake MC Mount.
12. Reinforce Front ARB Mount.
13. Reinforce Front Strut Tower to Frame Rail Junction.

Thanks. There are quite a few seam overlaps.. i better get started!

I just noticed your in daytona beach also? Any chance you would like to meet up sometime, maybe car meet night if you are familiar with the car meets off international. Ive only ever seen one Z in the area..

Edited by xelocity