HybridZ
jnjdragracing

Import Shootout at Silverdollar raceway

RebekahsZ    106

I have a buddy here locally with a SBC 280z. I have a blast getting together with him. It is fun when even two zs are at the track together. I just gotta get the NHRA mods done before I make any long trips so that I don't make the trip then fail tech. Once that is done I will be much more inclined to take racing road trips.

I understand Warren, see where you are coming from. Rebekahsz, we will have to get our cage recertified and new seat belt harnes to be in cert as well. gogriz91, I checked out the znationals but if I am not mistaken it looks like it is for street cars, we are aways from being streetable but not impossible. We would probably win the dyno pull if they let us enter.

We are still a little ways from October 19th so we will see, also if we do not tear up before then. We will be running a stock block competion this Saturday at Hell to Pay II at Darlington Dragway 09/28th.  They also have a run what you brung competion at Bowman dragstrip on October 19th as well that we can enter if we do not go to Reynolds, so just not sure what to do with this unless the turn out will be better. At our local tracks they are not as strict as Reynolds.

John

Edited by jnjdragracing

RebekahsZ    106

Have been working the calendar. It looks like I'm trying to make this family camping trip happen on Oct 17 & 18. Turns out my daughter has to be somewhere Saturday night, which means i could maybe pull something off. For me, Reynolds is 6-1/2 hour drive. Jnj, where are you located? Where is Bowman dragstrip? I just emailed Alabama International Dragway in Steele, AL for a TnT schedule. I have TnT'd there and had no trouble with tech and made a bunch of passes. . How strict are these tracks? What is the likelihood of getting run off at Reynolds. Who is sti in? If everybody else bails, where wod you want to try to meet? I'm in Florence, Alabama. We might still pull this off with effort. I'm not hung up on Reynolds-the ONLY import that I give a rip about is an S30.

I live in West columbia, SC and my brother lives in Lugoff SC. Here is the Bowman drag strip website url: www.bowmandragway.com

It is off of I-26 heading toward Eloree SC. Reynolds GA is about a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive for us.

The stock block race we will be in is at www.darlingtondragway.com/‎ which is close to Florence SC.

Both of these tracks are really slack on certs. Bowman does not have tech, Darlington does have tech but are not that strict. Reynolds is very strict because thay are a IHRA SANCTIONED TRACK.

Let me know.

John

RebekahsZ    106

Ok. I just mapquested all the tracks. Reynolds is about half way between us, the others are 8-9 hours away. I'm bailing. Perhaps next year. I would be pushing my family to leave the smokies earlier than they will want to in order to make this year happen. Conflict with trip to see my daughter at Auburn knocks me out of Z Nationals even though I will be driving almost right past the track. Argh!

Well we ran in the stock block race two weekends ago and ran into some issue's. We were getting misfires at upper rpm range. Further checking and we found the issue. It seems the valve springs have gotten weaker and we do not have enought seat pressure. Easy problem to fix, but not going to rush on it. So it looks like we will not be doing the Import showdown at Reynolds. If we have had a better response / turnout of fellow Z members then we could have the issue resolved in a weekend. I told my brother Jerry not to sweat it because of the poor response. Plus we will save our money on getting recertified etc. Just wanted to pass this on.

Thanks,

John

RebekahsZ    106

Someday I want to do one of those long cruises where you drag race along the way.  That way we could start on the east coast and roll all the way west to the sea and see buddies along the way.  BTW-you will NEVER be finished with your Datsun.