HybridZ

No timing marks

So i'm in the process of building my z and when I took the head off I was an idiot and didn't check to make sure the bottom end was timed and now that i'm timing the car I ran across a problem.  The head and cam sprocket both have marks so that is in the correct timing position but the bottom end has no markings.  The sprocket for the crank has a punch hole but there is nothing on the block to line it up with so now i'm kind of stuck.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks guys

Timing chain should have timing "bright" links on them to match up to the 1 position on the cam sprocket and the hole in the crank sprocket. Now the crank sprocket should be about the 2:40 position(think clock position).

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/timing/mechtime.html

EDIT: This has been covered many times, please learn to use google; it's your friend.

RE-EDIT: I used a simple search in google, "L28 timing" found this: http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/99664-l28-timing/

Edited by Josh280z

There is a way to check to be sure your engine is timed properly. With the engine at 0degrees tdc there is a notch on the chain sprocket and a mark on the head.

This notch is used to evaluate chain stretch. As Long as the line is in the middle of the v grove then your engine is timed correctly and your chain is okay.

I think it is a good idea to look at this as a double check to ensure you assembled your motor correctly.

Best of luck

Jim

I think it is a good habit to look at this alignment