HybridZ

Nissan Project 370Z vs 1970 Datsun 240Z with RB26 Track Battle!

283VZ

Great Video, always loved this car when following the build thread so great to see it in action, it did very well although this highlights for me that brakes will be very important in my build, thing is the 370Z is always going to brake better as it runs wider front tyres.

370Z sounds great.

The 370z had Yokohama Advan Neovas, one of the highest performance tires short of a racing slick.  The 240z had Michelin pilot sport, an all season tire.  Not really a comparison IMO.

Still, cool video.  Fun watching the driver drifting the Z around the 180 degree turn.

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n

A lot of respect for the 240z and as well for the 370z for an awesome battle. I'm happy at the fact that this old chap knows how to build his s30. Thank you for not using knock off wheels like a majority of the wanna be racers out on this site.

^^^ Knock off wheels?..are you pointing the finger at the Rota RBR's?  Lord I hope not, the time an effort to get those wheels made by a member here was monumental IMO.  rudypoochris (sp) was the one that IIRC made it happen.  I've been a member here since Y2K-, so please don't come out of the chute knocking an affordable, stylish wheel that came to market by a members hard, diligent and "love for the S30 and the hybridz community" effort. 

Edited by dsommer

A lot of respect for the 240z and as well for the 370z for an awesome battle. I'm happy at the fact that this old chap knows how to build his s30. Thank you for not using knock off wheels like a majority of the wanna be racers out on this site.

Sorry not all of us can afford very expensive wheels to make you happy.

Hey guys...

I think if I had a bit more time to get some R compound tires, I would have done a little better. Steve Doherty (Nissan Driver) could lock up wheels at ant time so I think the "lack of brakes" may being overplayed.That 370 was a monster and stopped on a dime. Just plane hard to beat. We still had a bunch of fun out there in Vegas. And I have a big thanks to everybody over here on Hybrid Z to thanks for my inspiration. I can't tell you how many hours I spent pouring over the articles on this web site.

Gord

• Like 1