10 replies to this topic

#1 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Not DNI, but something close. Just like Warren did, he called it DNI Lite. Not renting the track but will be running at SilverDollar Raceway in Reynolds Ga. with the Import Shootout October 19th 2013.

I did a posting in the forum above this one. SilverDollar raceway is having an import race on May 19th and October 19th.

Please read below and see if we can make this happen. I do miss getting together with everyone as well. I used to look forward to SEZ and DNI. I truley miss them.

I have had some interest by pming some members and posting. It seems a lot of members are like us and miss seeing everybody and meeting new people. Please read below what I wrote. Hopefuly we can some interest and with a head count later on this year and possible get a motel to host us with a grop rate.

Thanks, please read below.

Hello to all, my brother Jerry and I were talking over the weekend while we were at the drag strip (Pageland) about the SEZ and DNI shootouts we used have and how we missed the event and seeing all of the HybirdZ members. It was great fun and met a lot of nice people.

The events we attended for SEZ and DNI were done at Silverdollar Raceway in Reynolds Ga. This seemed to be a centralized location for all the people to meet. We stayed at motels not far from the track and had like a big car show / gathering that (Friday) day / night before and then we all went to the drag strip.

I noticed SilverDollar is having a Import shootout on May 19th and also October 19th. Was wondering how many members / people would like to all get together again. Of course no track rentals, we will just be part of the import shootout and do some racing / meeting everybody again.

If members Scottie, Warren and Wigenout (Gabe) are still around maybe they can step up and get something organized again. If not then, if enough interest in shown we can paln to do this. I know May 19th is really to soon but October 19th is not.

Everybody please chime in and give us your thoughts. Y0u do not have to have a race car or even a Datsun / Nissian to join in. I know Wayne sold his Z and now has a turbo camaro, it would just be great to do something like before.

John

Edited by jnjdragracing, 24 April 2013 - 05:12 AM.

No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#2 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

I have contacted members from a previous DNI roll call list. So far I have the following members interested in coming:

jnjdragracing

Tony - Tube chassis big block 240Z

rytherwr

Quicker240

Warren

gogriz91

davyshybridz

rebekahsZ

Evan Purple240zt - Maybe

nullbound

sparks280zt

240hoke - maybe

wigenout-s30

If I have missed a few names please add to list.

I am still waiting to hear back from:

Scottie-GNZ

1QuickZ

deja

Z-gad

Garret762+

speeder

MisterZ

ScottyMIZ

geru

If you want to participate please add your name to the list. This will give me a head count so in September I can call the host Motel and the SilverDollar race way and ee about getting a group discount.

Thanks,

John

#3 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

I have contacted members from a previous DNI roll call list. So far I have the following members interested in coming:

jnjdragracing

rytherwr

Quicker240

Warren

gogriz91

davyshybridz

rebekahsZ

Evan Purple240zt - Maybe

nullbound

sparks280zt

240hoke - maybe

wigenout-s30

Z-Gad

MisterZ

sq_Creations

Mike kZ

If I have missed a few names please add to list / poat a reply and I can pm them.

Scottie-GNZ

1QuickZ

deja

Garret762+

speeder

ScottyMIZ

geru

V8ZRACER260Z

J Taylor

If you want to participate please add your name to the list / Post a reply. This will give me a head count so in September I can call the host Motel and the SilverDollar race way and see about getting a group discount. I will also do another head count closer to the event also.

Thanks,

John

Edited by jnjdragracing, 24 April 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#4 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

jnjdragracing

rytherwr

Quicker240

Warren

gogriz91

davyshybridz

rebekahsZ

Evan Purple240zt - Maybe

nullbound

sparks280zt

240hoke - maybe

wigenout-s30

Z-Gad

MisterZ

sq_Creations

Mike kZ

Deja

If I have missed a few names please add to list / poat a reply and I can pm them.

Scottie-GNZ

1QuickZ

Garret762+

speeder

ScottyMIZ

geru

V8ZRACER260Z

J Taylor

If you want to participate please add your name to the list / Post a reply. This will give me a head count so in September I can call the host Motel and the SilverDollar race way and see about getting a group discount. I will also do another head count closer to the event also.

Thanks,

John

Add me to that list.

Edited by deja, 04 May 2013 - 11:02 AM.

'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#5 Scottie-GNZ

Scottie-GNZ

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2608 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

I rarely ever visit the site anymore and was not contacted directly. I heard about it from Z-Gad.

Cannot commit but will try my best. The problem is getting the car there. While it is street-driven, I would not even think about driving up as the only wheels/tires I have for it are the ones I race on and I do not have a truck/trailer. Moroso DS2 skinnies and 275 MT-Pro DRs and those familiar with the MT-Pros know what I mean.

That date is a little ways off so there is still hope I can find a way. Glad to see there is still interest in getting together. I sure have some good memories.

Scottie

Fun Cars: '92 Mustang, Turbo LSx, 8.71 @ 156.8, '94 Wrangler 4.0L/5-spd
DDs: '84 911 Carrera Cab, '15 VW Golf TDI

#6 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

Glad to hear from you Scottie, When I talked to Zgad he said he would let you know. Hopefully since it is a way's off maybe you can line up a trailer / truck. It sure would be good to see you and your ride.

John

#7 J Taylor

J Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

I would be interested in this as well. Miss the SEZ/DNI events!

F&D Autocare 251-653-8141
Posted Image
78 280z rb25det / th350.......9.69 @ 144mph
73 240z
69 Datsun 1600 Roadster

#8 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

Guest Motel / Hotel Information:

I checked with Warren and he said we use to stay at the Comfort Inn in Byron GA. I searched and it appears now it is a Quality INN. Same place just different name. I asked about the group rate and it is $53.99 per room, need at least 3 rooms rented to get this rate. I think he said normal rate was $69.00 per room.

I will call again in September closer to end of month an re-verify this. Counting down the months and days. Getting closer.

Thanks,

John

#9 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Time is getting closer. I did research more about the Import Showdown October 19th at Silver Dollar Raceway. The track is being rented by the import guys, the rules for the track still apply. To me it is just like SEZ and DNI did. All the profits go back to the car club. They are allowing all cars to run with the exception of V8 cars we will have to run in the TNT (Test and Tune). I was in hopes we could get in some competition but they do not allow V8's to run.

We are still hyped about going and seeing everybody, we just do not want to make a 4hr trip and no one show.  Below are the rules for the Import Showdown talking about the number of cylinders:

Rules That Apply to All Classes
· 3, 4, 5, or 6 Cyl Vehicles Only or those with Rotary motors. V8 can run TNT

I hope this does discourage anyone from coming.

I guess it is time for Roll Call.

Please let us know who is planning on attending. We had a pretty good list going / chiming in. This will dictate if we head down Friday afternoon to meet up with everybody or just go directly to the track on Saturday.

I will check in with the guest Hotel about rates again if anyone responds back on the Roll Call.

Thanks,

John

Below is the the rules they have posted:

Competition Rules and Classes

Note: All Qualifying and Competitions occur on Saturday!

Showdown, Modified Street and All Motor Comp classes are considered competitive, carrying the highest payouts. Street Tuner, All Motor and Bracket are for those who are less competitive and more interested in bragging rights or keeping it more street-able. All classes do award trophies and cash payouts. Payouts are determined by the number of cars that are registered. Showdown class will pay the majority of any cash payout.

Please read and understand these rules, they are enforced. Ignorance of the rules is not acceptable. There are no refunds for disqualification! Please ask BEFORE qualifying if you have questions! Please read all rules for your class, rules that apply to all classes, and all definitions.

Note: Competition rules are enforced! If you plan to compete be sure you know the rules for the class you are running in! Any protests of competitors in your class MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF ISD STAFF BEFORE THE 1ST ROUND OF ELIMINATIONS, NO EXCEPTIONS!

Classes

• Showdown
  • Modified Street
  • All Motor Comp
  • Street Tuner
  • All Motor
  • Bracket

Competition rules apply ONLY to the class for which they are listed under. Test and Tune passes can be made with any configuration or setup, and any modification that meets track safety requirements. Test and Tune cars can have any engine or configuration.

Showdown: Pro Tree (.400) (SD marked on side windows and rear glass)
Proudly Sponsored by: TopSpeed Motorsports

· FWD/RWD/AWD – 2 Power Adders Allowed (Turbo/Supercharger + Nitrous)
· Slicks Allowed
· Any Exhaust Configuration Allowed
· Fuel Cells Allowed
· Wheelie bars are allowed, but limited to a 28”x10.5" tire if wheelie bars are used
· Any transmission allowed
· Engine swaps, even to a different mfg of the chassis is allowed

Modified Street: Pro Tree (.400) (MS marked on side windows and rear glass)
Proudly Sponsored by:

· FWD/RWD/AWD - Single Power Adder ONLY
· Tire Limits:
-FWD: Full Slicks Max 25”
 -RWD: ANY DOT approved tire 
-AWD: ANY DOT approved tire
· Front half of interior, single seat ok
· Any Exhaust Configuration allowed
· Fuel Cells must be 5 gals or more
· Engine/Transmission swaps allowed only within same make
(Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus, etc)
-Must have at least 4 forward gears

· Transmission swaps to out of manufacturer transmissions are not allowed
· No Straight Axle Conversions
· Suspension must be mounted in stock location
· No alternation of firewall or floor pan
· Current Tag required
· NO Lexan Windows or One Piece Front Ends

All Motor Comp: Pro Tree (.400) (AMC marked on side windows and rear glass)
Proudly Sponsored by:

· FWD/RWD/AWD - Absolutely ZERO power adders
(i.e. nitrous, turbo, supercharged, even if OEM)
· Pro Tree (.400)
· Tire Limits: Slicks allowed
· Any Exhaust Configuration allowed
· Fuel Cells Allowed
· Any Transmission Allowed
· Lexan and single piece front ends OK
· Engine swaps, even to a different mfg of the chassis is allowed

Street Tuner: Sportsman Tree (.500) (ST marked on side windows and rear glass)
Proudly Sponsored by:

· FWD/RWD/AWD - Single Power Adder ONLY
· Tire Limits:
-FWD: Full Slicks Max 24.5"x9" 
RWD/AWD: DOT approved drag radials, Non Bias Ply ONLY. Non-powered tires must be DOT approved
· Full interior required, rear seat may be removed
· Rear exiting exhaust required
(Horizontally behind doors at minimum)
· Fuel Cells are not allowed
-NO Electronically/Hydraulically Assisted Manual Transmissions Allowed
· Current Tag required

All Motor: Sportsman Tree (.500) (AM marked on side windows and rear glass)
Proudly Sponsored by:

· FWD/RWD/AWD - Absolutely ZERO power adders
(i.e. nitrous, turbo, supercharged, even if OEM)
· Tire Limits: ANY DOT Approved Tire(must have stamp)
· Full interior required, rear seat may be removed
· Open headers/exhaust allowed must exit underneath
· Fuel Cells are not allowed
-NO Electronically/Hydraulically Assisted Manual Transmissions Allowed
· Current Tag required

Bracket: Handicap Sportsman Tree (.500) (BT marked on side windows and rear glass)
Proudly Sponsored by: Savi Graphics

· Any RWD, AWD or FWD import or domestic sport compact vehicle. Any 4, 5, 6 cylinder
and 2 or 3 Rotor import manufacturer engine allowed
· No restriction on power adder type or combination
· Any transmission allowed
· Slicks or DOT tires allowed
· No Trans Brakes or Delay Boxes
· No Rail Cars

Rules That Apply to All Classes
· 3, 4, 5, or 6 Cyl Vehicles Only or those with Rotary motors. V8 can run TNT
-Note: This is a total cylinder count, any additional form of combustion engine or cylinder adds to the count!
· Any name plate (import or domestic)
· Doors must open and close from inside and outside the vehicle. No center drive configurations. Dash must remain.
· Vehicles must be street legal in all other aspects not specifically defined as allowed by rule such as, but not limited to: headlights (removal of one for air indication is allowed except where noted), cooling system & brake lights. This includes hoods, bumper covers (bumper removal ok).
· No Lexan except in Showdown and All Motor Comp, no single piece front ends except in Showdown and All Motor Comp
· All classes except "Showdown" and "All Motor Comp" must carry a recently valid registration tag (current year or previous year i.e. expired is ok, 2+ years old is not).
· Wheelie bars are only allowed in Showdown. Strictly forbidden in all other classes.
· Vehicles can be towed to the track in all classes, assuming other street ability requirements of that class are met
· Only one vehicle is allowed in one class. A driver my enter multiple vehicles and run multiple classes. However, there are no considerations made for delaying competitions to accommodate this.
· Factory frames, no significant frame replacement. No back halving or tube chassis vehicles including Rail Cars.
· Any protests of competitors in your class MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF ISD STAFF BEFORE THE 1ST ROUND OF ELIMINATIONS, NO EXCEPTIONS!

#10 deja

deja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1915 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I hate to do this but I am NOT going to be able to do this. I won't go into excuses, it just didn't work out.

'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, Wolf Creek CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#11 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I hate to do this but I am NOT going to be able to do this. I won't go into excuses, it just didn't work out.

No problem dale,

We will not make it either due to issues with Jerry's valve springs. We could bust our ass and fix the issue to make it but the no response to roll car we are just not going to push it. Maybe next time if a member or group tries to do a get together.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users