HybridZ

Who is running 16x8's with no flares

Wow, same boat indeed. I was looking at the Spinwerks, but It's more than I wanted to spend since I'd like to use some of the $1700 insurance cheque to replace some tools. I was also looking at Enkeis, but the Apache II's caught my eye more than the 92's. Message me if you find anything else!

Do the Apache's come in 16"?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rota Grid Offroads, 16x8 +10 shod with 245/50R16s.  The front wheels have a 10mm spacer and the rears no spacer.  I had to roll the fenders due to the tire size.  A narrower tire with a smaller profile (tires and wheels at an inch larger than stock diameter) would probably have sufficient clearance.

post-1734-0-54406200-1366764760_thumb.jpg

It's ok, I'm in the same boat.  I want 16's but the selection is super limited.  I've considered Enkei 92's and spinwerk 82's but I am still looking.  Shakotans are my 15" rim of choice (for now).

It's ok, I'm in the same boat.  I want 16's but the selection is super limited.  I've considered Enkei 92's and spinwerk 82's but I am still looking.  Shakotans are my 15" rim of choice (for now).

Do you have any picture? I plan to go with xxr 002 in 15x9´s in the rear and x8´s in the front but unsure about off set

I had XXR 002's in 16x8, 0 offset with 205/45/16's (slightly stretched). Car is on stock strut housings and clearance wasn't an issues. Unfortunately the wheels were stolen off the car while in winter storage, along with all my tools. I'm now looking for replacements, but there isn't much in terms of affordable, oldschool looking 16x8" wheels besides XXR (not a fan of dual bolt pattern). Drag has some nice looking knockoffs in the right size, but they seem to be heavy even for cheap wheels, and the internet tells me they're quite poor quality (though the same is said about Rota/XXR etc.and I've never had any issues).

Apologies about thread jacking, but does anyone have any suggestions for affordable 16x8's with a stepped lip and someone oldschool look? Alternatively I'm thinking 15x9 Rota Shakotans as replacement. Has anyone had luck with 15x9's under stock (rolled) fenders?

My other comment above was for you

I just installed a Xenon air dam today and I'm a little worried about the front clearance now when turning.  It baffles me how some of you guys are fitting 225's and wider on stock fenders.  I guess I won't know till i try.

415DZ, I have a Xenon front spoiler on my 240Z with 225 50 16 tires and 16 x 8 wheels with a +1mm offset.  The car is lowered about 1.5".  I had to trim the inner flange where the air dam bolts to the fender.  I had to grind back the edge on the air dam and flange about 45 degrees from the wheel opening.  I did this while the air dam was installed.  I also used a file to grind  away a small amount of the air dam bottom edge at the wheel opening for more clearance (Chamfering the edge inward). 

This is easy to do even after the air dam and wheels and tires are installed.

415DZ, I have a Xenon front spoiler on my 240Z with 225 50 16 tires and 16 x 8 wheels with a +1mm offset.  The car is lowered about 1.5".  I had to trim the inner flange where the air dam bolts to the fender.  I had to grind back the edge on the air dam and flange about 45 degrees from the wheel opening.  I did this while the air dam was installed.  I also used a file to grind  away a small amount of the air dam bottom edge at the wheel opening for more clearance (Chamfering the edge inward). 

This is easy to do even after the air dam and wheels and tires are installed.

Trimming the air dam isn't that big a problem, I had to cut quite a bit of it to get it to fit properly around the custom bumper and tow hook.  I would just be bummed out to have to trim it now because I just plastidipped it and it's looking so clean!  Oh well, it's the price we pay for nice wheels.  What 16's do you have Scott?  Can you share some pics please?

Trimming the air dam isn't that big a problem, I had to cut quite a bit of it to get it to fit properly around the custom bumper and tow hook.  I would just be bummed out to have to trim it now because I just plastidipped it and it's looking so clean!  Oh well, it's the price we pay for nice wheels.  What 16's do you have Scott?  Can you share some pics please?

I had to trim mine after it was painted, but by using a file on the urethane and chamfering it inward, it did not show or chip the paint.  I am running some XXR521 which are +20 offset, but I use some spacers (19mm in front and 11mm in rear) to space wheels and tires (225 50 16 yokohama) for best clearance.   

post-1728-0-92782900-1366952895_thumb.pngpost-1728-0-15056100-1366953056_thumb.pngpost-1728-0-67133800-1366953981_thumb.pngpost-1728-0-82606700-1366954033_thumb.png

After going to the wcn today I really like the look of 16's. I'm thinking 16x8 in the rear with 225/50/16 and 16x7 in the front with 205/55/16. Now just to pick some rims. Seems rota RB are such a popular choice. What 16's is everyone else using?

This is my BBS RS 16x8.5 with +14 offset and 225/55-16.  No fender lip issues.  The tire barely touched the spring perch but I'm running coilovers now so, there are no clearance issues.  

1111002029c.jpg

I want 16x8.5's but theyre really hard to find

After going to the wcn today I really like the look of 16's. I'm thinking 16x8 in the rear with 225/50/16 and 16x7 in the front with 205/55/16. Now just to pick some rims. Seems rota RB are such a popular choice. What 16's is everyone else using?

Why bother with 7" in the front? 8" will fit fine, allow you to rotate tires, and potentially reduce understeer?

Are you saying it barely touched prior to the coilovers?