HybridZ

Who is running 16x8's with no flares

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO (everyone has one right?) to run the 8" wide wheel without flares, rubbing, etc. specifically with coils the 0 offset leaves the wheel in the land of "am I poking out?" or "am I tucked?" I think the rear needs some positive offset to tuck in which helps with the lines of the car especially from the rear. I'll know in a couple weeks once I put these on:

http://www.klutchwheels.com/wheels/sl1-silver

They are +15, and I'll use some spacers. I have XXR 531's with 0 offset on coils and they just don't look right.

post-28933-0-24758800-1368757563_thumb.png

xxr 513, 16x8 0 offset

Nice!  What size tires and what kind of suspension are you running?  Rolled fenders?  That is about the perfect wheel fit in my opinion.

Edited by 415DZ

Just for reference, My 16x8's have now been replaced with 15x9 et0. I think with coilovers you could get away with a 16x9, but they poke a bit, so you would't be able to go terribly low without a fair bit of tire stretch (but some people are into that). The rears have plenty of room to spare, but the front with a 225/50 is within a mm or so of the strut with a 5mm spacer. I've got 5/16" spacers now (7.9mm) but I'm waiting on longer studs.

• 1 month later...

Just for reference, My 16x8's have now been replaced with 15x9 et0. I think with coilovers you could get away with a 16x9, but they poke a bit, so you would't be able to go terribly low without a fair bit of tire stretch (but some people are into that). The rears have plenty of room to spare, but the front with a 225/50 is within a mm or so of the strut with a 5mm spacer. I've got 5/16" spacers now (7.9mm) but I'm waiting on longer studs.

please post pics, I'd love to see what a 15x9 +0 looks like on a S30 with some decent (not stretched) rubber....

I just got these Konigs from Motorsport. They have an exclusive.

They are 17" by 7" and fit with no spacers or fender mods.

They look pretty good too. Tires are kuhmo 225/45.

I tried to attach a photo but the upload failed.

Don't  know why.

• 7 months later...

Im running 16x8 et0 xxr 531's with 225/50-16's without flares. ground control coilovers with tokico illuminas. Fenders have been rolled. The front does not rub at all, the rear does. If i had +5 or +10 offset in the rear or maybe cut the rolled lip a little it would clear fine i think. I have some 16x8 dimond racing wheels that fit the same but didnt clear the poorly designed silvermine motors rear brake kit, hence the xxr's

1A0DBE32-FEDB-427E-97D8-90D39DC06AF2-929

973F6E9E-7EC1-41E4-B8A8-99F061BB475A-799

1B59CAA4-72F5-4C3A-A4B6-54575B1E8929-500

Hey guys! new to the forum here. Just picked up a '75 280z and I was thinking about picking these up. Some guy quoted me 500 for all 4 for the +0 offset since he doesn't have them on hand and has to have them shipped. Thinking about them on my original orange zed

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/4323858402.html

If you can talk yourself into 17" tires and wheels - do it.  Both are more readily available than 16's and also less expensive.  The downside is that you'll have to go to a 40 series profile rather than a 50 series.  It will ride a bit rougher but then it will handle a bit crisper.

That being said i bought my set-up 15 years ago and went with 16x7 Centerline Wheels with 0 offset.  That allows me to run 225/50-16 Dunlop Direzza's with no fender modifications.  That was the best I could do with a stock suspension and still feel comfortable.  I have since installed a TechnoToys coil over suspension and have more room on the inside.  Once these tires are worn out - in about 6-8 years, and if I can still remember where the car is, I'll probably go to 17's and have 8" wide wheels with somewhere around a +10-15mm offset.  I'll measure it out when the time comes.

• 2 months later...

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/83577-the-build-of-a-240z-by-310z/

All of the build information on my car can be obtained by clicking above. Vintage 40 year old BBS Magnesium Race wheels 12.5 lbs. 16-8, 0 offset. Rear lips ground to the spot welds in an arcing fashion. Stock front valence and carbon fiber BRE spoiler had to be removed as there was only .030 clearance with the wheel turned.

Tires are 225-50-16.