HybridZ

"Arizona z car" and R200 diff??

First off I have a 1972 240z and over time I have purchased the track pack from "Arizona Z car" and im hoping sombody happens to have the same set up. My problem is that I am planning on getting an R200 diff from either a 240sx or a 300zx but I have no idea what axles to use?? Can anyone please give me some pointers or maybe point me in the right direction to get some good advice thanks  

Edited by DUDE

I just went thru the same thing. I got a Z32 rear dif that came out of a non-turbo. You can look in my project post here on hybrid.

You will need to go with a new mustache bar, drop downs and dog bone. Arizona or Technotoytuning have this available. I used technotoytuning, they use the axles that come out of the Z32 meaning you have to get there backing plates to accept the axles. Then you have to get new lower strut housings etc.. Its a domino effect. 

All of them add up on the price.

I first thought I could have custom alxes to use the inner 6 bolt cvjoint of the Z32's and outer stock S30 ujoint setup. That ended up being to much work so stepped up and spent the money.

Good Luck.

Ok well that at least gives me a direction to go towards. I will start doing some research on the Z32's rear diff then see if technotoytunning can help me out with the axles. Do you know if the gear ratio on the Z32's diff is an 408?? and im going to check out your projet post ASAP thanks!!

Edited by DUDE

I have a CLSD R200 out of a 300ZX with the Q45 outer hubs from Dave.  I had Dave send me the Q45 half shafts with the track pack and then I had a custom shaft made at a drive shaft shop to accept the Q45 CV on one side and the 300ZX on the other.  My measurements were 17 3/8" on the passenger side and 17" on the driver side.  I haven't had any issues out of them yet and I've put a few autocrosses, a track day, and 1000 road miles on them.  It's a bit annoying that I'll need two different CVs when I need to replace them, but that's what you get when you modify the crap out of your car.

Zack

Edited by zack_280

I thought the Z32 was an R230.  Anyhow no matter.  I seem to remember some people using the late Z31 shafts and changing out the inner cups.  I've got an VLSD R200 out of a 350Z, and I'm hoping I can take the inner cups and use Z31 shafts, since there's a ton of them as the junk yard.  If not I'll have to go with AZCar's setup.  It's nice to know it's 17" and 17 3/8"  distance. I'll have to look. There's a lot to be said for buying a bolt on system. I'm real tempted to buy an RT mount too, rather than try to make it.  It'd be best to search on here and see what other people have done, and especially to see what issues they've had.