HybridZ

knife edge crank

ablesnead

The fluid damper site said rubber limited the tuning range to 50 hertz ..I don't know how that applies..the problem for me, with driving thru the resonance frequency in a highly 

modified motor ( hybrid if you will ) is that I don't have the ability to know where it is . As a side note , the BJH white paper says that a heavy fluid damper can cause snout problems because it introduces vibration that the damper cant see nor correct. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The BHJ dude (Chris?) did come on this board one time to address questions on what their product does...

Seems to me someone truly interested in an answer, instead of mere postulations could send an e-mail to BHJ Technical Services directing them to this thread and likely get concrete answers... And an explanation on how changing mass effects resonant frequencies and vibrational nodes... Really "knowing where" is a simple matter of testing and calculation.

If there are enough people knife-edging in the same way...it's a simple matter of submitting one for some tests to determine frequencies as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Tin Zwicky gave me the heads-up on this.  We are putting together a post that will address the issues discussed.  Just give us a little bit more time, as we are juggling a lot of development projects here right now.

Cheers,

Chris @ BHJ

Edited by chris @ bhj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...