HybridZ

Any of you run front strut tower bars?

My motor is out for clearaning / rotating assembly balancing (more on this later, I plan on taking lots of photos and I will make a DIY engine build thread)

But what I want to know is how well the strut tower braces clear? I will have a tunnel ram on my car and am curious on how tight the fit is.

And lastly, anyone have one of those neat triangulated ones with a v8 swap?

I made my own strut bar and braces.  They can be made to fit around single or dual carburetor configurations.  I had to also clear the distributor because I have a ford engine.  The bars are made removable for access to engine if it ever becomes necessary to remove the engine.

post-1728-0-88232500-1366687196_thumb.jpgpost-1728-0-27441400-1366687221_thumb.jpg

With a first Gen SBC you need to move the hood latch anyway, JTR has a kit for this. you can mount a triangulated brace to the firewall a little further apart than mine is to clear the distributor, I have a piece on angle stock running between the two ends spreading it further apart rather than a single point.