HybridZ

vg30et swap forward facing exhaust manifold options????

Hey alI I have been surfing google for quite some time now and I cant find the answer I am looking for. This inst directly related to z31 but I figure you guys would probably have the most exposure to this.

I am doing a vg30et swap in my 240z and I am looking for options on production manifolds that can be be flipped to a forward facing position and modified for my turbo in front of the engine. I would prefer to not build them to save some time if possible but that is always an option.

this is pretty much what i would like to use but it is for a vg30de. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Header-Nissan-300ZX-90-91-92-93-94-95-96-Z32-3-0L-V6-Non-Turbo-/380379799781?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D229%26meid%3D7221280172345842184%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1121%26rk%3D5%26sd%3D230924886619%26

I have read that these are not "bolt on" for vg30et and looking at a photo of a head and the manifold seems to make that clear. It looks like the front bolt holes of the manifold are down instead of up and the back down instead of up.

I plan on flipping them, which looks to me to make the bolt holes line up correctly? here is the head im looking at 

http://www.redz31.net/images/headwork/jheadsassembled.jpg

But is the runner spacings completely different from vg30et to det?? 

Any body ever compared the flanges side by side? are there similar short tube manifolds for other engines/vehicles that are compatible? 

Any info or links would be greatly appriciated 

Me personally, I'd order both the exhaust manifold gaskets.  One for the ET, and the DE and see if they are even remotely close.  Then return them to your neighborhood auto parts store.

At that point, that would at least give you an idea if the flanges are the same.

Flipping the manifolds would only change them from left to right, and right to left respectively.  It wouldn't change them to be upside down.

Me personally, I'd order both the exhaust manifold gaskets.  One for the ET, and the DE and see if they are even remotely close.  Then return them to your neighborhood auto parts store.

At that point, that would at least give you an idea if the flanges are the same.

Flipping the manifolds would only change them from left to right, and right to left respectively.  It wouldn't change them to be upside down.

That is a fantastic idea!! That never even crossed my mind.

Flipping them left and right is all im looking for. i want them to  point at the ground, but first things first i will check the gaskets to one another.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...