HybridZ

Best way of documenting a restoration

Joey2point0

Hey guys,

So I recently bought my first 240z, which I am still ecstatic about! I cant wait to be done with school, go home, and start the restoration process. I want to document the restoration as best as I can, taking pictures and what not! Do any of you have suggestions of websites for organizing pictures or methods for documenting a restoration process? 

Thanks! 

Joey2point0

My advice is to buy a cheap (read, used $40 Craigslist special) digital camera that's your "car camera".

I don't worry about grabbing for it with dirty hands and wiping it down with a shop rag. However, that's not quite the case with my DSLR or my phone's camera...

+1 on the hybridz build thread!

Thanks for all of your responses! After doing heavy research, I came across a program called Classic Car Companion, and after messing around with the trial. I decided to purchase it, and it was exactly what I was looking for, with the exception of expense tracking. If you guys have not heard of it and plan on restoring another car of any type I highly suggest looking into it!

http://collectorcarcompanion.com/

Sorry Leon, I do see where you are coming from, i do look a little sketchy, but if you'd like I started a restoration blog that I hope to utilize in documenting my first restoration project. Please feel free to check it out:

http://240zoey.blogspot.com/

I hope this proves my legitimacy

Cool, no problem. Just sounded a bit sketchy, especially considering you're new.

Great looking project!