HybridZ

I need opinions on job searches?

DatsunKing1

I'll come at this from another angle...

Go find a SMALL outfit.  Ask  if you can be their parts running/wrench caddie and shop sweeper.  You'd be surprised at how many of them might say yes.  I know of a couple of one-man or two man operations here in my area that do this with "Summer only" types.  They don't pay much but they do give them a summer's worth of hands on experience that eventually translates into "Dude can you install plugs in that civic over there? And change the ailfilter while you're at it".

I here people for a living and what everyone else has stated is true about getting into your chosen profession for the reasons they've all specified.  But I get your intended need to get your hands dirty and desire to learn. 

It IS a tough market out there, but I hire people who have more than a degree.  Matter of fact, I'll hire a guy with direct hands on experience before i'll hire someone with a degree, because I can pay for their education (I've paid for 6 masters degrees for staff members to date) and that is far easier to get than hands on experience.

Good luck!
Mike