HybridZ

Modern Motorsports Ross C

Oh, man!  I'm off the site for a couple months and this happens!  Ross always went the extra mile for me.  He was one of those guys who didn't mind answering questions that I'm sure for him were basic but for me might as well have been nuclear science.  Like Mike, he'd call me up after an order just to make sure that there were no hangups at the border, etc.

Life is precious (and fleeting).  We'll be praying for the Corrigans tonight! 

Bryan

Dat240zg

This is such sad news. He was responsive and supportive in all my dealings with him. I have many of Ross's parts on my 280Z and each and every one worked perfectly. His contributions and inovations to our Z community will live on he will be greatly missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ross had just turned 41 years old when he passed.

I've been checked out of the Z community for a while, but just came across this news... and it hit me like a ton of bricks. In my early Z days 15+ years ago, Ross and I happened to be living in the same city. We corresponded a lot before there was a MML, tossing around ideas on parts or builds much like many of you did with him. Ross was a true gearhead at heart. We also shared the experience of both being engineers in the real world. Over the years Ross and I would cross paths at various autocross and car show events in the area, and occasionally we'd phone and catch up. Ross could talk your ear off! :)

I learned at the time that Ross had already recovered from a form of cancer in his late 20's. We talked at length about ways to make the Z quiet and retain power, as one of the side effects of his previous sickness and treatments was an acute sensitivity to certain pitches and sounds. Ross never saw this as a problem, it was merely a challenge to overcome. We moved on to other projects and products, some of which he sold for years.

Ross has touched so many in the Z community, and just about every Datsun person in this area knew Ross or knew of him. Everyone had time for him. He left a positive impression with all those he met. He was just a great guy all around.

Its been a few years since he and I talked at length... I always expected he and I would cross paths at a local event soon, and grab a beer and catch up. I'm deeply saddened that won't happen.

Frank, I am terribly sorry for your loss, as a parent myself I cannot imagine your grief. You raised one hell of a son.

• 2 weeks later...

My condolences to the Family.   Very sad news to find this out today.  I went to his website this morning and looked here for answers.   I purchased his rear brake kit many years ago, but he always treated me as if I was his best customer.  He will be missed.

Seriously upstanding guy. Even if you were not buying anything, he was always more than happy to share information and educate people on the finer points of modifying. Didn't matter if you were buying or window shopping, he was a class act. My prayers are out to your family and he will be deeply missed in the family of z.

• 1 month later...

Wow just read this.  My condolences to his family.  I have met Frank and Ross over the years as i live all but 30 minutes away from him.  I found his car after it was stolen, unfourtunatley it lead to a police chase where it was wrapped around a pole and destroyed.  The car was a v8 car that was his test platform for all his great parts.  Thanks for all the great days!!

• 4 weeks later...

So very sad to hear about this while doing research on parts and for my very first post here.  My deepest thoughts, prayers, and condolences to the family.  May you find peace and light with close friends and family members in these darkest moments.

• 4 weeks later...

Man - I have been disconnected and just found out about this today.

Beyond anything else - I felt like Ross was my friend. As JohnC mentioned Ross and John spent several days at my house in Florida. I used to speak to him frequently...

SOOO sad right now...

I'll miss you Ross - sorry I didn't hear sooner....

If there's anything I can do for his family - if they are following this thread, please reach out to me...

• 3 weeks later...