HybridZ
05plsrt4

Wilwood emergency/parking brake brackets

Is that you Joel ?

Ive just ordered my MC4 Calipers !......perhaps I can make a start sooner than later !

Yes, it's me again. Please, no hurry on my account.... Once you're ready to make a list, put me down for a pair of backing plates.

Thanks again,

joel

Yes, it's me again. Please, no hurry on my account.... Once you're ready to make a list, put me down for a pair of backing plates.

Thanks again,

joel

Joel,

No probs.....I certainly wasnt getting on with of it because of your coment, rather I did a search and found a set at a good price, and thought id take the opportunity to snap them up. Im heading overseas next week, so if they arrive before then, I can take one of them with me - I am already taking my laptop, so this will mean I could model up the new caliper accurately, which in turn will mean that I could model up/design the new bracket....

Hopefully I can utilize the handbrake cable that I got made up with my previous kits !

Hope youre well mate !

Woza

Hey !....

No update im afraid...I have made a start, and done some of the 3D modelling, however I am very Time-Poor at the moment due to work commitments and other stuff. It will get done, but i cant give any guarantees on exactly when....An estimate is that it will be at least another month before I can get back into the engineering & design....

Sorry its not better news.....But hey...good things are work waiting for !

Woza

Im currently finalising my design for my Brackets to incorporate the MC4 Calipers into the AZC rear Kit.

A few more bits and pieces to do, then i will be getting a test set cut and machined.

Here are a couple imaged from my 3D Design model.... I have a 3D PDF that i can email anyone that is interested too...cant seem to upload it here.

Wilwood%20MC4%20Handbrake%20-%20Datsun%2

Wilwood%20MC4%20Handbrake%20-%20Datsun%2

Hey Woza01, Any chance you could include a version for those of us 5 lug guy's ??

Correct me if Im wrong.....but its only the 'hat' on the rotor that has the 5 lug holes ?....if so, then nothing else on my design needs to be changed

Your absolutely correct and I am an idiot for not catching that before asking. My 5 lug conversion kit is still sitting all nicely wrapped up in the boxes they were shipped in from AZC.

"The front kit includes ALUMINUM FRONT HUBS with wheel bearings and seals, the rear rotor centers (hats) are also the 4-lug to 5-lug adapter."

http://www.arizonazcar.com/brake.html

Woza01,  I still have no rear emergency brake, all this time after buying your first kit. It was a great kit with all new cables etc. but I never ended up installing it so I sold it to a HZ member who needed it then.

I really like what you are doing this time and would like to get in on a kit if possible ...

Woza01,  I still have no rear emergency brake, all this time after buying your first kit. It was a great kit with all new cables etc. but I never ended up installing it so I sold it to a HZ member who needed it then.

I really like what you are doing this time and would like to get in on a kit if possible ...

Gday Joel ( thats right isnt it ?)

Great to hear from you.

Mate sure thing....but I I learned a lot of lessons from last time i designed and built my first kit...I kept a lot of people hanging and waiting due to supply issues etc....so this time I will be waiting till I'm 100% sure everything is ready to go before offering the kits up for sale....

Watch this space mate....

Woza

Gday Joel ( thats right isnt it ?)

Great to hear from you.

Mate sure thing....but I I learned a lot of lessons from last time i designed and built my first kit...I kept a lot of people hanging and waiting due to supply issues etc....so this time I will be waiting till I'm 100% sure everything is ready to go before offering the kits up for sale....

Watch this space mate....

Woza

Will do my friend ....

Working on it...getting closer.....3D model almost finished and finalised....should be getting prototype plates cut in the next week or two, then machining done.

Sorry its so slow....life gets in the way !!!

Picked up the Prototype Bracket Plates today after being cut by the Laser cutting mob....then dropped them straight off at the machinists to do their bit. In a weeks time Ill be able to do a test fit !

You'll note that I have decided to use Mild Steel as opposed to Aluminium. The Reasons for this are purely economic....MS is MUCH cheaper, and there will be no need for further expenses of thread inserts, then Anodising. The downside is that it will increase the un-sprung weight....oh Well !

Im looking forward to picking them up !

post-4989-0-80116600-1470116724_thumb.jpg

WZC Bracket.pdf

Edited by Woza01