HybridZ

Wilwood emergency/parking brake brackets

05plsrt4

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...The Wheels I'm running (for now !) are Performance Superlites 16x7 12P Offset. The handbrake lever DOES protrude out further than the inner rim diameter, BUT, the lever is actually further inboard that the Strut Tower...so if your wheels don't rub on your strut tube, then they wont foul with the handbrake lever. This is kinda hard to imagine, but the MC4 mechanism is quite 'busy'...Check out the attache pic - i tried to capture just how far inboard the lever is...you can see the strut tube in the lower right of pic, and the HB lever is further inboard.

I have taken a photo (attached)...showing the offset from the wheel mounting face, to the handbrake lever itself...its 150mm

I am going away on Monday for nearly 3 weeks, but i will confirm all this information upon my return.

Cheers

post-4989-0-72134200-1471676071_thumb.jpg

post-4989-0-64285100-1471676247_thumb.jpg

Very good design however I went with aluminum at different cost to have it made and used the Wilwood mounting plate for the MC4 caliper to which the float pins are mounted through.

I cant seem to add a picture so here is my link to the picture

http://www.my240z.info/upgrade/ebrake/2016-08-25_bracket-mc4_01.jpg

Write up on the upgrade is on my page http://www.my240z.info/upgrade/ebrake

Edited by chimaera

• 1 month later...

UPDATE : September 28 2016.

Since returning from my vacation I have done the following...

* Removed the spring from my strut, then refitted the strut. I then jacked up that corner with a jack, through the struts full range of travel to make sure the handbrake lever doesnt foul on the body - It doesnt...all good !

* Had to do a minor machining modification to get the Main Caliper offset spot-on.

* Finalised the drawing for the Handbrake cable - Its with the manufacturer now, and i "should" have it back in about 10 days.

Once I get the cable, I will fit it, put the wheels on, and thoroughly put the new handbrake through its paces to ensure functionality is right. After this, I will be happy to take orders if anyone is interested still. I'm really excited about this - having a STRONG handbrake caliper is going to be great...My last kit with the spot caliper was lacking due to the poor design of the caliper..too small a pad area and and adjustments required too frequently. The MC4 caliper is a vast improvement, and i can see its clamping force is going to be considerable.

Thanks for your patience everyone.....

Pricing .... At this point....No..I dont have anything worked out yet...as with everything, R&D costs quite a bit...and this is no exception....1 set of plates cut, one set machined, then re-machined, one cable...It hasnt been cheap.

So, when i have a better idea of numbers, i will be able to get more accurate prices...Buying in Bulk saves heaps

Having said this...lets get the ball rolling with an "Expression Of Interest" list..... Add your name to the list if you are interested. NOTE : You wont be held accountable if you add your name, but change your mind....its merely for me to get an idea on numbers....

Please Note : This kit has been developed as an 'add-on' for the AZC Rear Disc Brake Kit. The Bracket replaces the original AZC bracket, which allows for the addition of the Wilwood MC4 Handbrake Calipers (Not included in my kit), but everything else remains the same. If your Rears are NOT AZC, then I cannot guarantee correct fit. Also, my Rear Calipers are Dynalite Pro 4 Spots...which i believe have been superseded..Please check if YOUR Calipers have the same Critical dimensions (Mounting Crs, Centre to Mounting Face) as mine. I have attached a Picture of said Calipers, as well as the Critical Dimensions (Red Boxes).

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST

*Woza01 

* Ereschkigal 

* RB26powered74zcar

post-4989-0-71556100-1475067561_thumb.jpg

post-4989-0-40317800-1475067571_thumb.jpg

Edited by Woza01

Is this the same caliper? http://arizonazcar.com/rear4lug3.jpg

I haven't bought the AZC Kit yet, but I will.

Edit: If I compare the pictures, it looks like the same caliper.

Yes, almost indistinguishable from that photo, but they are slightly different in appearance (more 'rounded' on edges etc)...Im pretty sure that dimensionally they will be the same.

I bought my kit from arizona Z about 2 years ago and this is my rear caliper...subtle differences ...im sure its fine i just gotta measure to double check .

mydatsunsstance180_zps44581a30.jpg

Yeah....Pretty sure they will be the same dimensionally. I would hate peeps to have fitment problems, hence the reason for notifying peeps about my calipers v yours etc.

I searched a bit for the available sizes on the Wilwood website and these would fit:

I already mailed Dave, but who knows when he will answer.

Edited by Ereschkigal