* * * - - 1 votes

Wilwood emergency/parking brake brackets

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Rob L

Rob L
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:24 AM

I prefer to wait until you have the cable sorted ...i just want to buy your kit and install it , i dont want to have to search hoping i might find a cable or may not ....so i will wait until the final product is ready .

#102 Ereschkigal

Ereschkigal
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:27 PM

I prefer to wait too, the car won't drive until february anyways.

Edited by Ereschkigal, 05 December 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#103 Ereschkigal

Ereschkigal
  • LocationGermany

Posted A week ago

A friend just bought the complete rear kit from silverminemotors with the Wilwood calipers, mc4 calipers and the oem brake cable.

Is it even necessary in your kit to buy the new cable?

#104 Woza01

Woza01
  • LocationMandurah, WA, Australia

Posted A week ago

A friend just bought the complete rear kit from silverminemotors with the Wilwood calipers, mc4 calipers and the oem brake cable.

Is it even necessary in your kit to buy the new cable?

Hey....

I wasn't aware of this kit, but have just checked it out online. Subsequently I have just gone out to the shed to investigate if the OEM cable will connect to the MC4....I did check this way back in the beginning, but perhaps i missed something...

Using my old stock OEM 260Z cable....i see no way of mounting it without modification. The hole in the caliper through which the end fitting of the cable passes through is not large enough. So, without reaming out that hole there is no chance. I don't know if the 240Z cable is different. Secondly, the clevis arrangement on the OEM cable does not fit correctly into the lever arm of the MC4. You will not get the pin in without modification to one or the other. also, i don't believe there would be quite enough length even if the fittings did fit, due to where the MC4's now mount as opposed to where the OEM cable originally connected to the drum brakes.See the attached photos of what i found....

It has to be noted, that in order to test the system recently, with the (incorrect) cable I received from my manufacturer, i had to enlarge that hole...this is NOT desirable, and has left the caliper compromised for strength in my opinion....and if it were to be done, A machine shop would need to do this in order to guarantee that you didn't 'snap' off one or both of the fingers whilst drilling, as the drill bit tends to grip and grab....there isn't much thickness to start with. I was lucky !

My intention is to provide a kit that will bolt up first time, without modification to your 260Z. The hard work is done, its just a matter of the cable, and i have good news on that front...I have found a supplier that is LOCAL, and believes he can make the cable no problems, and significantly cheaper than the previous supplier. I am awaiting an email from him.

Updates coming Soon....

Warren

Attached Files

#105 Ereschkigal

Ereschkigal
  • LocationGermany

Posted A week ago

from Silverminemotors:

img_2090.jpg

#106 Woza01

Woza01

Posted A week ago

from Silverminemotors:

img_2090.jpg

Well that is interesting....that is not the same as my OEM 260Z cable. I wonder why the Clevis isnt connected ?..probably because it wont line up without mods...unless the clevis is different on a 240Z once again.

Anyway...enough said.....its your call whether or not you want the cable.

#107 Ereschkigal

Ereschkigal
  • LocationGermany

Posted A week ago

These are pictures from jdm-car-parts.com for the different Zs:

240z:

24-J4201-Emergency-Brake-Cable-Assembly-

260z (74-76):

24-J8201-24-J8201-Emergency-Cable-kit-Da

280z (77-78):

24-J8202-used-bead-blasted-splash-panel-

Edited by Ereschkigal, A week ago.

#108 Woza01

Woza01

Posted A week ago

These are pictures from jdm-car-parts.com for the different Zs:

240z:

24-J4201-Emergency-Brake-Cable-Assembly-

260z (74-76):

24-J8201-24-J8201-Emergency-Cable-kit-Da

280z (77-78):

24-J8202-used-bead-blasted-splash-panel-

Interesting - neither of those exactly match the 3 260Z cables i have here. But have been variations for different markets

#109 88dangerdan

88dangerdan
  • LocationStockton Ca

Posted A week ago

Not trying to clutter up your thread with this, but since I am following, I thought I'd share. This is on my '75
Attached File  20170111_081323.jpg   74.58KB   1 downloads
So those last pictures can be a little misleading

#110 Woza01

Woza01

Posted A week ago

Not trying to clutter up your thread with this, but since I am following, I thought I'd share. This is on my '75
attachicon.gif20170111_081323.jpg
So those last pictures can be a little misleading

Yep...thats exactly the same as my 76 260Z. Cheers mate

#111 Blackandblu2

Blackandblu2
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 2 days ago

I'm using the 300zxtt rear hub bearing / 300 zxtt 5 lug hub with the AZC rear wilwood brake. Will your mounting plate work with this so I can add a parking brake?

#112 Woza01

Woza01

Posted 2 days ago

I'm using the 300zxtt rear hub bearing / 300 zxtt 5 lug hub with the AZC rear wilwood brake. Will your mounting plate work with this so I can add a parking brake?

Mate its hard for me to say without seeing obviously.

If you are using the 240z/260z AZC kit...then the offsets etc should be right...the 5 lugs arent an issue though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users