HybridZ

Aftermarket Radio Install - 240z

AkumaY

Hi, so I've done extensive searches and have not come up with any real answers or pictures regarding an aftermarket radio install into a 240z dash/console.  Unfortunately the Z I got, the previous owner destroyed the center console/vent area, so I'm at a lost on how you install a modern aftermarket radio into the dash.  Are dash install kits avail?  Would be great if pictures were posted of installed headunits.

Thanks!

There are no bolt in applications, nor any plug and play wiring kits. You need to look at the wiring diagram on whatever headunit you bought and run the wires themselves.

As for a mounting plate, you sorta have to make that too. Just use carboard, cut out a faceplate, then get some plywood, abs plastic or aluminum and make it. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are mounting brackets in my 240... run new wiring!! It will save alot of trouble. I used an after market Sony into a equalizer slash pre-amp out to my front and rear speakers And it also has a designated line out for the sub im currently installing.

• 3 months later...

I know a lot of people like the classic look of the retro sound stereos in their Z but I don't have the feds to make a purchase and still add speakers on top of that. So I waited for a best buy sale and slowly bought a pioneer blu tooth head unit, two 5 1/4 and two 6x9 speakers all under $150.00. I used a fluke meter from work to read wires for constant power and ACC, hooked everything up and boom... all done. Sorry no pics, they are on my phone. but Im using the DATSUNWORKS front panels and 6x9 speaker boxes for the speakers. sounds good, but I think its a little much for my crappy alternator.

Edited by mjd240z