HybridZ

Hit the dyno yesterday.....

Car performed really well.

Baseline of 431 /412

ended up 442 / 420

on 150 jets it made 576 / 616

Its pretty violent when it hits... almost scary lol.

IMG_0883_zpseda6d6e1.jpg

IMG_0884_zps47ff99ff.jpg

All of the motor pulls

IMG_0888_zpsc9abc4ff.jpg

Nitrous pulls

IMG_0892_zpsbbd39545.jpg

Edited by SUNNY Z

Holy crap!

What is your fuel supply system? Any lean issues? Progressive controller or simple shot? Still on 26x8.5x15s? Way to go! I know you didn't dead hook all of that the other night.

Single walbro 255 external pump, corvette regulator, -6 line to the rail. 42# SVO green top injectors.  AFRs hold 12.0 except at the very beginning there is a slight lean spike (to be expected).

No progressive. Its on a window switch and a WOT switch

Still on the same tires, The other night was a motor pass, so yes it dead hooked. :)

Sounds like you might slide right by the 10s & go straight to the 9s.  How critical are the tec inspections in your area?  Sacramento tends to turn a blind eye if the car looks reasonably built.

Eh, they vary track to track and night to night. I think i might raise an eyebrow if it goes low 10s though..... any bets on when I'll get booted? hahah

Awesome . Nothing broke ? :icon7:

Nope! Car performed great!

Edited by SUNNY Z

What non-stock components have been added to the engine besides Nitrous?  What is the displacement?

Oh boy.

Stock 2001 LS1 bottom end (5.7L)

62CC AFR 205's

ARP Head Bolts

TEA Dual gold valve springs

7.400 CM pushrods

LS7 Lifters

LS6 Oil pump

LS2 Timing Chain

Vengeance VRX4 Cam - 228/230 .588/.592 on a 112 LSA

FAST 90 Intake

Nick Williams 90mm TB

Nitrous Express Plate

Can you tell I'm at the beach, posting like a mad man? Where is your window switch set? Did you do a fuel pressure safety switch? WOT switch at pedal or throttle body?

Window switch was 3000- 6500 on those pulls. probably play with it and move it up to around 3500 or higher. depends on traction.

No FPS switch. 

WOT switch on back of pedal, and also a switch on the clutch pedal (so when the clutch is engaged, it won't spray)

Edited by SUNNY Z

SUNNYZ:  Thanks for the info.  Its obvious the AFR heads, camshaft, FAST Intake and 90mm throttle body that really make the difference as the HP peaks around 6000 to 6500 RPM.  Now let us see what the 1/4 mile times are with the 8.8 IRS and beefy half shafts and axles.

I dont frequent the V8 sub-forum too often...but GOOD GOD....I feel like my Z is a little intimidating with its 3.1L...I cant imagine how often I would have to change my underwear with ~450 HP!!!!

You V8 guys are crazy...in a perfectly reasonable way! 

I dont frequent the V8 sub-forum too often...but GOOD GOD....I feel like my Z is a little intimidating with its 3.1L...I cant imagine how often I would have to change my underwear with ~450 HP!!!!

You V8 guys are crazy...in a perfectly reasonable way! 

Haha. Thanks! 

It makes for a fun ride.

Sunny did you install the yella terra rocker arms with the rest of everything or did you do it on a seperate occation? I'm curious if they really do as well as they are advertised.

?? I'm on stock rockers. If i were going to do anything, it would be the trunion upgrade. I've seen lots of broken yella terras.

Will....

stop posting on here and get to it!!!!

SUNNY Z,

well done! keeps me inspired.  I am currently in the process of my LS swap parts aquisition.  I would be interested to hear about your rearend set up.

Its all in the drivetrain section. Get to reading ! :)

Sunny, something doesn't seem right. Did you have a tune prior to the dyno session? I'm surprised that you only gained 9hp from the tune after installing all of the goodies. I basically have all of the bits you have including long tubes, but I am running YT rockers and have seen much higher gains come from the tune when upgrading hardware.

Not to take away from your numbers which are nice but we all know they are used for tuning and the gains after baseline are what is important.

Joe