HybridZ
JMortensen

Brainstorming Aero ideas for Windtunnel II

Not sure what the next step in aero will be.

I know I need a wing and splitter though... all the cool kids have them on the track.

Here's a thread that may help, http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/89-roadster-projects/44470-my-na-becomes-track-car-build-thread.html.  It details what this guy did to his miata (all simple DIY stuff) and how much his laptimes dropped from it.  When you finish you'll want to be a cool kid too :-)

Cary

I'm really curious to see your results. My latest Z project is more of a driver/weekend racer, but I would really like to do what I can to improve aero (without ruining the look/streetability of the car) and have been following all these threads.

I know there were a few people that had talked about doing something like 1vicissitude showed in his post (on the first page) where the air is entirely ducted through the radiator and out the hood, but I never really saw results. Did anyone go through with it? My car has a ton of room up front since I swapped to an SR, and I am looking to experiment with the space. Now that you have played with shaping ABS plastic, how do you think it would handle this duty? Do you think it would get too warm near the radiator/engine and deform or does it take pretty significant heat to lose it's shape?

I think a good idea would be kinda like civic something ;) said, but find the optimum vent locations through the hood area to create a pressure zone in front of the windshield to help lower the cd which is by far the biggest problem on the z.

Another thing would be a rear diffuser angle, although this might be application specific.

Since i know theres a thread and plans now i'll be brainthundering on it.