HybridZ

LT1 Tuner cat Fine Tuning

I finally have my 240 z running and would like to do some fine tuning to get it running at its peak performance. Does any one have suggestions on how to set up my PCM using Tuner cat. I really haven't done much except opening up the egr table wide open because I eliminated all the emissions stuff. The car has an lt1/t56 with a lt4 hot cam, d and d headers and r200 LSD. I'm all ears and willing to try any suggestion or setups, so tell me what your doing or send a file. Any comment is much appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, no advice on TunerCat. I have it to download the programs but have not attempted any PCM programming myself. I have pretty much the same setup up as you except I'm running a 4L60E tranny. I used http://lt1pcmtuning.com/ to get mine programmed. He is very reasonable and helpful. For the money I think its an awesome deal. My file won't do you any good because I'm running an automatic.

Yeah I found him on the net and have used some of his tips, but didn't know if I wanted to pay more money on top of the program cost. But what did you pay? Maybe it is worth it.

I think it was around $100. One of the things he found with my engine was the fuel injectors were running very close to lean at wide open throttle. He suggested going to 30 lb injectors, which I did. He also said I should get the Corvette knock sensor even though he saw no false knocks. His changes made a real difference, mainly because the program I was running did not take advantage of the LT4 cam kit. My gas mileage  even went up a little!

• Like 1