HybridZ

Need the genius LS guy opinions

Gotcha, I don't know that much about drag specific stuff. Am I wrong thinking you could fit a little fatter tire in the well? Or does the diameter tighten things up some? What do you run on the street/autox?

I've been stalking you and wfritts for a while, love both of your cars. With a little luck I can get back up north this weekend and really get started on mine, I'm sure I'll have all kinds of dumb questions!

Thx Dave

I know I could probably squeeze a 9.50 for sure, MAAAAYBE a 10.50 slick under my car, with the perfect wheels. If i'd raise it up, it would help.

If you're already solid axle, why not just mini-tub it and throw a 10.50 out back?

PLEASE link me to some of the info on your SRA swap. I'd like to peruse it!

No dumb questions, only dumb people! And you only get smarter via questions,reading and experience. Ask away! The stock rear fenders are super narrow. A 8,5" slick is about 10" wide at its widest point and that is really the measurement you have to work around. Even maximizing offset and coilovers, that is about the most you can fit. Someday I may do flares to allow bigger tires, but not yet. My car is lowered so I am restricted to what will fit INSIDE the fender. You can go wider by jacking up the car so the tires can hang out the side but call me shallow: I hate the look. For autocross the most I can shove on is a 245/45/16 although 17s would be better. The Vettes that are winning in my region with the same motor have 345s, so I would like to run wider.

I havent posted anything about it sunny z. After I talked to you a few months back about putting in 300zx axles I got them in and shortly after it snapped all the bolts off of 1 side. I got home and said f*** this and began the swap.

Thanks Rebekahsz, I've been stuck working in southern GA for the last 3 months so I've been catching up on my hybidz reading! I'm headed back home on Saturday and am going to take a week off work to really get going on my Z. On the plus side of being down here I got a pretty good deal on a fresh T56 and got a set of Rota D2's for a song. The wheels are 17x8.5 with 245/40s. I THINK with a 20mm spacer they will fit.

I started forming +2" wide rear qtrs to try to fit 295s but that may have to be a winter project and just get on the road

I'm with you on keeping the tires inside the fenders unless its a baja truck.

345s? thats like 13.5" wide. Mattd thats what you should be running!

Here is the solid axle. you will have to excuse the welds my welder and I werent getting along that day. Still needs a couple braces put in and shortened about 6 inches. Unfortunately my nice exhaust i had on it will no longer clear the driveshaft so now im running the wonderful shorties through the hood vents..........too damn loud.

post-30741-0-62259300-1371870420_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-90953700-1371870425_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-53407800-1371870432_thumb.jpg

post-30741-0-72885300-1371870448_thumb.jpg

Havent narrow it yet been busy. I got the 5 lug swap finished just need to align the rear end and hook up the brakes, then it play time. Shock are competition engineering coil overs so yes i can adjust the ride height. But where it sits now is where it will be until I clearance that crossmember for the axle housing.